Chapter 16

Clarke's POV:
When I walk into the apartment I can hear both Bellamy and Mallory laughing. I follow the sound into the living room. They are both sitting on the floor playing patty cake. This is something I never thought I would see. Specially seeing Bellamy like this. Since they haven't noticed me yet I take out my phone and start filming. This is a moment I want to savor. 
-Whatcha doing? I said and smile after a while. both their attentions goes to me and Bellamy is blushing? I guess this is the first and last time I'm going to see him playing patty cake with my daughter. I will not forget this moment.
-Playing patty cake. Mallory says proudly. 
-Oh really? Is Bell good at patty cake? I ask. 
-Yes. She says and stumbles over to me so that I can get a hug. 
-Octavia is coming over soon. We're going out to dinner. You, me and Octavia. I tell my daughter. 
-Pancakes?  Mallory says. Lately she has become obsessed with eating pancakes. It's her favorite dish. Since I still usually am short of money I can't go out to the most fancy restaurant. But it's not like my daughter cares. She's almost two and loves pancakes.
-Yeah, you can have pancakes. I say. She smiles and stumbles out of the living room and toward her room. 
-You know I saw you filming while we played patty cake. Bellamy said and stood up. 
-And I'm never deleting the video. I say and smirk. 
-I know you won't. Just don't show it to people. Bellamy says. 
-Why not? I ask. 
-We can't have people thinking I've gone soft, now can we? Bellamy says and smirks. We both know that I actually won't show it to others. Maybe just to Octavia.
-And what would you do if I actually showed it to others? I ask. 
-Then you would be in trouble princess. Bellamy says. 
-I don't think so. I say and leave Bellamy alone. However he's obviously following me as I walk into my own room. Bellamy is leaning against the door frame to my room. I take of my shoes and jacket before I start looking in my wardrobe for something that I can wear tonight. 
-Why not? Bellamy asks. 
-Then you would have to punish me and you can't do that. I say and keep looking in my wardrobe. Bellamy stays quiet.
-So what do you think I should wear? These jeans and blouse or this dress? I ask Bellamy.
-You would look really hot in that dress but since you're taking your daughter out to dinner with Octavia I would prefer the jeans and blouse. Bellamy says.
-So you think I'm hot? I said and smile.
-I didn't say that. Bellamy says.
-So I'm not hot? You have to make up your mind Bell. I say and smirk at him.
-Stop twisting my words princess. You know exactly what I mean. Bellamy says. As much as I love to annoy him like this I stop.
-The jeans and blouse it is then. I say. 
-No matter what you wear, you look beautiful princess. Bellamy says. I close my wardrobe and look at him. 
-Nice save Bell. Now go and look what my daughter is doing. I don't want her to be alone for to long without someone watching her. I have to change clothes. I say and close the door.

------------------
Mallory and I came home pretty early that evening. She had fallen asleep when she was half way through her dessert, strawberry ice cream. It's her favorite flavor. Octavia drove us home and I carried my daughter up the stairs. I put her to bed and closed the door. We have baby monitors so I can hear her when she cries during nights. Sometimes I forget to turn the baby monitors on. When she starts to scream and I'm surprised that she doesn't lose her voice. She's the cutest though. 
When I walked out of my daughters room and entered the living room I came face to face with an not so happy Bellamy. Octavia sat on the couch laughing.
-What's going on? I asked both a little confused yet curious.
-You showed my sister the patty cake video? Bellamy says annoyed. 
-Don't be mad Bell. I had to. Mallory might have said something about you two playing patty cake and I couldn't help myself but show it to her. She's your sister. It's not like the whole school is going to see the video. On the bright side, Mallory loves playing patty cake with you. I tell Bellamy. 
-Fine, just promise not to show anyone else. I freaking mean it Clarke. I'm not kidding. Bellamy says. I can hear the seriousness in his voice. 
-I promise. I say. 
-I guess that's my que to leave. Bye bitches. Octavia says and gets of the couch. She grabs her jacket and leaves.
-I was wondering if you don't have any plans tomorrow if you could take Mallory for the whole day? I promised to take Davina's shift tomorrow. So I will work both her and mine. I need the extra money so you can't say no. I start at 8 am and finish of at 9 pm. You can get sunday all to yourself and do whatever you'd like. I tell Bellamy.
-Of course. You don't have to ask. Bellamy says. 
-Just don't give her to much ice cream. You're spoiling her to much sometimes. I say and Bellamy smiles. He knows that I'm right. 

---------------
It has been a busy day at the cafe today. Not only is it a busy day, we're also short on staff so it's extra stressful. Somehow we always managed the stress and costumers. I was cleaning a few tables and then walked into the kitchen of the cafe there Tatianna were making sure that everything was going fine.
-Give this to table 7. Tatiana says and hands me a tray with two sandwiches and coffee on. I thank her and when I walk out I heard two very familiar voices.
-I want ice cream. Mallory says. 
 -What flavor would you like? Kaitlyn asks. She's one of my closest friends here at work and she knows that I got a daughter. I haven't gotten into the details with her and luckily she respects that. The others that works here knows too since she used to come with me before Bellamy and I moved in together.
-Strawberry! Mallory says happily. 
-One strawberry ice cream is coming up. Kaitlyn says.
-Here you go. I say and serve the elderly couple at table 7. I don't have to look back. I already know that Bellamy is looking at me.
-Mama. Mallory says when she sees me. I walk over to the table there she and Bellamy is sitting at now.
-Hey sweetie. I say and kiss her forehead.
-Clarke, let me explain. Bellamy says.
-No, we're going to talk about this when I finish my shift later. Mallory better be asleep when I'm back home. I say and walk away. Tatiana looks at me. She seem to freak out a bit.
I'm actually not angry with Bellamy for taking Mallory out. On the contary actually. I'm happy that she gets to do more things than just be home or at Miss Davis. What I'm not happy is the fact that he didn't tell me they would be here.
-What's your daughter doing with Bellamy Blake? Tatiana asks. She doesn't seem to be very happy. More or less disgusted. Somehow that is bothering me. 
-What's that supposed to mean? I asked.
-He's Bellamy Blake. What more is it to say about it? Tatiana says. 
-Honestly I have no idea what you're talking about so I'm just going to forget this conversation. I say. She was really pissing me off. I ask Kaitlyn if I can take a break and eat my lunch. She told me to make it quick since we're still short on staff. I took my lunch and sat down next to Bellamy. For today I had gotten chicken sallad.
-Do you know her? The tall, blonde girl over there who goes by the name Tatianna. I ask Bellamy. He looks over at where I'm pointing. I realize immediately that he knows her.
-Yeah, I remember Tatiana. She used to be one of Octavia's friends. Bellamy says and looks at Mallory who's just got her ice cream served by Kaitlyn. 
-I'm sensing that there's more to the story than you're telling me. I tell Bellamy. Now Bellamy is looking at me and he doesn't seem to be very happy, like he's ashamed.
-Clarke, can you please just let it go. We'll talk about it when you get home later. Bellamy says. I don't push him further. I start eating my chicken sallad instead. I'm curious about the backstory with Tatianna. There's something that's telling me that it ain't good. As much as I'm curious, I'm also worried. And that feeling doesn't disappear.