Chapter Thirty- Birth of Chaos

Kenzi POV:

I lay on the bed in the bedroom, my stomach huge by this point, as my due date was within a few days. Grant stepped out of the bathroom, wearing only his bottom pajamas, his muscular torso bare to me.

"Oh stop tormenting me!" I groaned as I stuffed another graham cracker into my mouth. One of the down side of being pregnant was those constant cravings, and sadly, they even tended to happen at times such as right now, which was precisely 2:30 in the morning.

"How am I tormenting you?" Grant grumbled, his voice rough with sleep. He crawled into the bed beside me, kissing my brow.

"That sexy body of yours has me all hot and bothered, but seeing as I'm currently a bloated whale, I can't do anything about it!" I pouted as I munched on my crackers. Grant smiled and ran a hand over my stomach, a low, pleasant growl coming from his throat.

"Soon I'll rid you of those frustrations, my wife." Grant murmured as he kissed my ear gently. I shivered and kissed his lips, moaning softly into his mouth when he nibbled on my lower lip.

"Have you heard anything about the rogues?" I asked in worry when he pulled his lips off of mine. Grant sighed and sat up, running a hand through his hair as he closed his eyes.

"Kenzi, I know you're worried about the baby, and you're concerned about the pack, but constantly worrying isn't going to help anything." Grant murmured. "Alpha Luke will protect us, just as Alpha Loren did."

"Well Alpha Loren ended up dead, and Alpha Luke has Renee's blood on his hands!" I growled, glaring at Grant.

"Kenzi, your hormones are imbalanced right now with the baby so soon to being born, but going around blaming people isn't going to help." Grant spoke gently as he ran a hand through my hair. "Everything will be alright, my love. You'll see." Grant stood up and walked into the bathroom, leaving me to sit and munch on graham crackers.

Suddenly though, the window of the bedroom shattered and I coughed as multiple smoke bombs were released. I felt a hand clamp over my mouth then, and though I tried to scream, I felt my consciousness slip from my mind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up in an old cellar looking place, like an abandoned, run down factory. I tried to move myself but I cried out in pain and looked down to see silver could around my wrists and ankles.

"So, Mackenzie Jahnson, is it?" A synical, female voice laughed in the poor light. The owner of the voice walked closer, and I gasped in shock when I saw Annabel.

"Annabel?!" I exclaimed, tears in my eyes. "Annabel I'm so glad you're here! Please you have to help me!"

"Ha, ha, ha!" The female laughed, her eyes landing on me. "I am not my angel of a twin sister. I'm not that weak, you insolent child. My name is Lidia, Annabel's stronger twin."

"Annabel's twin?" I asked in confusion. "So you're related to my mother?"

"Your mother was a treacherous snake!" The woman snarled. "She knew it was against nature to have such an abomination as you! Yet she still had you! She and that lowly mutt of hers got what they deserved. But seeing as you killed all of the western with council, now I must finish my mother's work and kill you." Two male rogues stepped forward, with a bunch of scary looking medical tools, and I began to panic.

"What are you doing?" I demanded. Lidia smiled at me sadistically.

"Well since you are carrying a watered down witch-wolf hybrid, we decided that you need to go into labor, and donate your fetuses to science," Lidia cackled. "You know what to do boys." She turned and walked away, and the men moved me to a flat surgery table under a bright light, and they tied me down with the silver ropes. One lifted my shirt and I began to scream, thrashing wildly.

"Shut up, you bitch. It'll be done soon." One of them grumbled. He sliced open my stomach, over where my uterus was, and I screamed in agony as my blood dripped onto the table. Again the slicing, this time into my uterus, and he pulled out first my baby boy and sliced the umbilical cord, before handing my screaming baby to the other man. He then did the exact same thing with my daughter, leaving me to lay in my own blood, without sewing me up, to cry over the anguish if losing my babies.

Grant! I tried to mind link him once more. I waited, agony searing me, but no response came. GRANT! Please, if you hear me my love, I need you! Please!

Mackenzie, calm down, Tara murmured to me. I will try to reach Raphael. We will get through this, we will save our pups and eliminate those maggots.

And with that I fell into the dark abyss.