Chapter Thirty Eight- Horror

Kenzi POV:

I ran beside Grant, my wolf easily keeping pace with his as the pack's army raced in the direction that my spell led us. I felt my heart pound heavily as I fought back tears. First Renee, and now Talzia. Just how many people have to suffer because of me? I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, knowing that worrying would only make it worse when the time to fight finally came.

"We're getting close!" I called out to the pack as my spell began to fade out. Suddenly, a blast of fire shot up from the trees, wounding two of our warriors, as the flames whipped out and enclosed around their bodies.

"Have you come to offer up Mackenzie?" Lidia's voice rang out as an army of vampires stepped through the fire, at least twenty witches appearing in the air above us. Suddenly, the youngest of the pack warriors suddenly screamed as they burst into flames and burned to death. I swallowed roughly and concealed myself behind Grant. Though I hated to be self- preserving, if we were going to find Talzia, the pack needed me to stay alive. The whole pack tensed as they watched their younger comrade burn to ashes before them, the air silent around us.

Mackenzie, I'll stay here and fight off the witches with half of the warriors, Walker mind linked the pack. Take the other half and Alpha with you, and find Talzia.

Walker I don't know if I can- I began to whimper.

You will do it Mackenzie. Or are you about to let our Luna die because you are a coward?! Walker snarled. I nodded and turned to face Grant and Alpha Luke, giving one sharp nod before we rocketed under the witches. Fire began to spring up from every path that I could find, licking out at us and threatening to devour us in one single attack.

"You're not getting away so easily!" Lidia roared as a group of warlocks descended upon us, their lightning and shadow spells easily mummifying the young wolves that followed us. I felt anger growing in my chest, and I suddenly howled, the sound ripping out of my lungs and exploding the witches' ear drums, blood dripping from their ears hotly down their throats as the collapsed to the ground. Some of the pack warriors took advantage of the opportunity and tore into the witches, shredding them to pieces, leaving mutilated carcasses behind. I heard an echoing bird call, and became rigid when I realized it was Talzia. I bolted ahead, bounding past the trees, flying over the forest floor as my blood pounded in my veins. Alpha Luke and Grant were close behind me, on my flanks. However, once we reached the clearing from which the bird call had sounded out, we all froze in horror.

In front of us, the most horrifying scene was visible.

And that was of Talzia, with a thick, sharp, metal pole impaled through her body, with blood steaming from her mouth and head.