Chapter Sixteen- Witch Clan

Kenzi POV:

I had slowly gained more of my powers, day by day, with the help of Annabel. Of course, little did I know how different today would be.

"I can't mentor you anymore," Annabel spoke gravely "Though I completely am behind you learning how to control the magic you possess, the council doesn't quite agree. They have ruled a hybrid as dangerous and unnatural, and seek to destroy it and those who help it." Grant moved closer to me, growling at Annabel.

"So not only did you reveal Mackenzie, but you're running away with your tail between your legs?" Grant snapped, wrapping his arms around me.

"No, I only wish to help. I didn't reveal Mackenzie's name, but having me around will draw the attention of the council." Annabel snapped at Grant. "So watch your tone dog." Grant hissed at her, baring his canines.

"Before you leave, do you know why the rogues are after me?" I whispered to Annabel, worry setting in.

"Yes. They are allied with the witches. They seek to destroy any hybrid that lives." Annabel mused in a grave voice. We heard murmuring coming from behind Annabel, and her face paled. "I must go. Quick, back to the pack with you two. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful to my only niece. Stay safe, Mackenzie." I nodded and grabbed Grant's hand, tugging him back towards the pack borders.

"I don't understand why every living beast wants your head on a golden platter!" Grant exploded once we had reached our small home. I kissed his cheek, placing my hand in his as I rested my head on his chest.

"I don't understand why you haven't run from me yet." I whispered. Grant grabbed me in his arms, holding me tightly as he kissed my forehead.

"No matter what you are, you are my mate, and I love you." Grant vowed. I kissed him deeply, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my body to his. He groaned into me and gripped me closer, knotting his hands in my hair as he parted my lips and licked at my tongue.

"I love you so much, my beautiful mate." Grant murmured, nuzzling me as he led me to the bed. Our bodies tangled together as we shed our clothes, our naked skin brushing and warming as he kissed his way down to my mound of nerves. I moaned and bucked my hips to his mouth as he sucked on my clit, his fingers stretching my opening.

"Oh fuck yes!" I begged, feeling myself float up to cloud nine. My eyes rolled back into my head as I gripped the bed sheets and came down from my high, squirting my release into his mouth.

"You taste so good." Grant murmured. I moaned as he sat up and crawled on top of me, kissing me desperately as we began to make hot, sweet love until we both collapsed from exhaustion.