Chapter Ten- Magic

Kenzi POV:

I slowly lowered the fun from where I held it as I watched the two bodies of the rogues fall to the floor. My hands shook violently as I swallowed and forced back my tears of anger and pain.

"Kenzi...it's okay..." Charlotte spoke slowly. "Put the gun down." I nodded, but then shook my head.

"There will be more of them. They would have heard that." I choked out.

"Maybe not." Renee spoke now. "We are underground."

"I shot someone..." I panicked, throwing the gun away from me. I felt tears of terror fall down my face as I backed away from the dead bodies.

"It had to be done." Walker told me firmly. "You were protecting your pack."

"Right." I nodded, shaking still. "The pack."

Girl get a hold of yourself! Tara snapped at me. It was a kill or be killed situation. You did what Grant told you to do, stay alive.

He didn't tell me to shoot anyone! I countered. I felt Tara roll her eyes.

Pack! Luke mind linked us. We need warriors ASAP! That means Walked, Scott, Charlotte, Renee, Tessa, Ryan, Oliver, and...Mackenzie.

What?! Tara and I yelled. We had never been asked to fight. Sure we had the training for it, but whenever the pack had to fight we were told to sit out. So we didn't have much first-hand experience.

"You heard the alpha." Walker mumbled. "Let's go."

"But-"

"There are no buts Mackenzie!" Walker yelled. "Luke is the alpha and he ordered our presence on the battlefield! If we die, we die protecting our pack." I nodded as she all shuffled out of the cellar, one by one shimmying up the ladder and gathering in my bedroom.

"We should all shift. If we get taken by surprise we have a better chance of fighting back as surviving if our wolves are in control." Scott said. We nodded and moved outside, swiftly shifting into our wolves. Renee and Charlotte's wolves were as identical as they were themselves, sandy blonde fur, with slender, petite bodies. The difference came in their fighting. Charlotte was best at out running an enemy, whereas Renee attacked them head on, due to her muscle strength and lack of endurance. My wolf body had been considered beautiful by many, with sleek amber fur mixed into black and cream white patches, with a white star on my black chest and amber colored paws. Scottie was a sleek mahogany colored wolf, with big muscles and a set of razor sharp teeth. However, everyone could tell why Walker was one of the best warriors at first glance when they saw his wolf. His wolf stood at five foot nine, on all fours, and had sleek black fur with glowing green eyes. One paw had blood red fur on it, nickname the paw of death for how many rogues it had killed.

Let's go. Walker barked. We nodded and set off at a fast speed, following behind hmm to the center of the battlefield. When we got there, chaos was reigning as our wolves clashed with the rogues. Thankfully, we had the gift of numbers, as more than three hundred of our pack members were fighting. We spotted the grey and white wolf at the head of the pack, Alpha Luke. Scott and Walker wasted no time in diving into battle, with Renee and Charlotte on their flanks. I watched for a moment, unable to move as the rogues tore through our numbers. Remembering that day two years ago when the rogues burned my family to death.

I'll kill them all. I growled. Tara barked as she dug her front paws into the dirt.

Kill. Them. All. She snarled. Suddenly, a white light shot out of the star on my chest, freezing all the rogues in place before in a crack of blue light, they all turned to dust. I whimpered in fear as I backed up, my pack's eyes staring at me.

What was that? Alpha Luke demanded.

I don't know! I whined backing down submissively.

I...do... I heard Ariel whisper. Your mother was a witch...

A...a witch?! I choked out. I shifted back into my human form, a simple white dress on my body. Customary for wolves. We don't shift back naked, the Moon Goddess gives us our natural clothing, a simple white dress for girls and white shorts for boys. Ariel shifted back, as did the rest of the warriors.

"That star on your chest..." She told me. "It's the mark of your mother. She had one on her back. That's why she never wore low-back line clothes. It's the mark of her witch clan. Stardust. She found out that your father was her mate, and so she came to live here with us. The rogues wanted to eliminate any witch-wolf hybrids...."

"So they... Were after Mackenzie?" Walker asked. I felt my jaw drop as I stood there, dumbfounded.

"So what's to say more won't come back?" Alpha Luke demanded.

"They might. But until then, you'll need to try to use your powers to contact your mother's sisters. They will help train you to control your powers." Ariel spoke firmly.

I couldn't move. All I could do was stand there. Until a scream of terror ripped out of my mouth as I blacked out.