Chapter Eighteen- Last Night

Grant POV:

I lay next to my beautiful mate, tears falling from my eyes. I kissed her throat, where my mark was.

"I love you." I whispered to her as I moved my body against hers. I spread her legs gently as she wrapped her arms around my neck, and I thrust forward, into her cavern of womanly goodness, as more tears fell from my eyes.

"Grant, stop crying." Mackenzie whispered as she began to cry. "It's our last night together. Let us enjoy it." I kissed her lips deeply, thrusting faster into her body as I gazed at my little mate. Her full curves, her pale skin, her beautiful smile, her bright eyes. I memorized it all, seared it into my memory. I couldn't help but cry, as I curled around her and sobbed into her neck.

"I love you, my Mackenzie." I cried as I held her close. "I will never forget you." I gazed into her eyes. "I will find you again. We will be together."

"Grant, don't risk your life. Find another she wolf." Mackenzie begged.

"How?!" I yelled. "You are my mate! No one else will do!" Mackenzie curled into a ball and sobbed, burying her face in my chest.

"I have to do this. You must not look for me." She whispered. I held her close as we stayed locked against one another, until the sun rose, and we were taken to the middle of the pack, where the witch council stood, waiting for Mackenzie. When Mackenzie began to pull away from me, I felt my heart break.

"No." I choked out weakly, gripping onto her. "No don't leave me. Mackenzie!" Alpha Luke restrained me, as I began to scream watching Mackenzie step into the circle of fire that the witch council had summoned. They began to chant, and Mackenzie began to scream. My wolf howled to help my mate, to tear the witches apart. Soon however, Mackenzie stopped screaming, and she looked around.

"Granna what's going on? Who are these people?" Mackenzie cried in fear.

And that was the moment my heart broke. I felt one hard tremor run through my body, and then I shifted. I lunged at the witch in charge, and before I could stop, I ripped out hi throat. The other witches were on me then, and I felt a needle jab into my neck. I howled in agony as I slowly blacked out.