Is There A Way Back Home?

Through some sort of miracle, we get through to the Easter holidays without dad finding out about us. Scorpius wrote to Draco quite early on, to explain everything, and the response was full of nothing but love and understanding. We also make it through without being attacked again, though that's likely because OWLs are approaching more quickly than anyone anticipated and everyone is panicking.

By the time we're on the Hogwarts Express home, I've managed to convince Scorpius to stop revising for a few hours. It's probably a good thing as, about an hour into the journey, Rose, Lily, and about seven other members of my family wander into the compartment and sit down around us. Scorpius sits up, putting away the book that we had been reading, and smiles.
"Morning," I say, trying not to yawn.
"Afternoon, actually," Molly grins. "You guys just appear not to own a watch."
"I do," Scorpius says. "It's just buried – somewhere."
"Great," Molly mutters, smiling. "Hope you find it."
"Here," Rose hands us both a pumpkin pasty and a cauldron cake. "The Trolley Witch skipped you out again."
"Thanks," I take them and give Scorpius' to him. "She still hates us, then."
"Adds to your wonderful reputation," Molly smirks.

We all laugh and I wrap an arm Scorpius. It shouldn't be a big thing. Two weeks without Scorpius isn't a big thing. But two weeks hiding everything because I don't want to face being around my father if he finds out about my relationship? That's a bigger thing. Two weeks in a state of tension where he pretends to care. Two weeks on edge.

Maybe he does care. Maybe he does want to talk. But he won't apologise. If he wanted to apologise, he'd have written. And he hasn't. Because why would he? He didn't believe me before. I snapped. I made it worse. Why would he forgive me?

I sigh and Scorpius looks at me questioningly. I shake my head and he takes my hand gently. I try to smile, try to bring a little strength into it. He makes me brave. I'm doing this for him. I'm strong for him.
"Are we doing another Weasley-Potter Easter mess?" Roxanne asks.
"After the disaster last year?" Rose raises an eyebrow.
"It wasn't a disaster," Roxanne protests. "It was – interesting."
"It was a disaster," Rose repeats. "A fun disaster, but a disaster nonetheless."

I laugh. I think I'm siding with Rose in this. The attempt at a Weasley versus Potter Quidditch match was chaotic and it was nothing short of a miracle that no one died or, at the very least, ended up in St. Mungo's. I don't think I'll go anywhere near it if it happens this year.
"Uh guys," I start quietly.
"Yeah?" Is the chorus of replies.
"Please don't tell – parents – about us," I mumble. "I don't think dad knows yet and I'd rather it stay like that."

Everyone around us nods, murmuring understanding, and I smile gratefully. All I need to do is make it through two weeks, and them being on my side, knowing that they support me, makes it so much easier.
"Here," Scorpius pulls a small pink bag from his pocket. "I saved some Pepper Imps."
"How in the world did they escape your sugar addiction?" I tease.
"Addiction is a strong word," Scorpius says. "I merely enjoy the sweeter things in life. And you can hardly talk when you've got your situation with coffee."
"Addiction is a strong word," I agree, "and it should be used to describe your relationship with sugar. And I'm not addicted to coffee. I'm just grumpy in the mornings and in need of caffeine."
"Albus," Lily grins. "All of the Potters are addicted to coffee. Don't deny it."
"See," Scorpius looks at me. "Even your sister agrees with me."
"That is because," I say, "none of my family will ever give up an opportunity to tease me."
"Yeah," Lily nods, "but we still love you."

I smile. Because I know it's true. I didn't for a long time. But I do know now. And I would find to the ends of the earth for everyone in this compartment. Because they'd to the same. Because they love me.