2. Hell Is My Life

Chapter two

Monday. Fucking Monday. April 19th. Each day just gets closer and closer.

I slowly slipped on my skinny jeans, and my long-sleeved shirt. I had to be careful. Freash bruises.

Combing my hair with my fingers, I put on my black jacket. I had black Nike Cortez shoes, the same ones for 5 years. They were a gift from my mom. I slipped them on too. After I was done getting ready for school, I walked out the door quietly. It was 5:55 AM and the sun wasn't even rising yet.

I walked down the familiar road. It was pretty isolated. Everyone thought the street was haunted, so they stayed away. I was about to turn off the road and get onto Ketterman, when I heard something. A twig break. I turned instantly. What if this street really was haunted?

My heart started racing.

Then I saw someone step out of the shadows. "Who are you?" I asked, my voice quivering. "I- I have a gun, and I'm not afraid to use it!" I lied.

"Hey, it’s cool."

"Ugh! Mason. You scared the shit out of me! Don't Do That!" He finally reached me.

"Do you really carry a gun?"He asked, putting his arm around me.

I let out a short laugh. "No. I wish." I looked down at my Cortez’s and studied the hole in the toe. nudged me with his hip.

"Why?"

"Protection."

There was a silence in the air. "Why are you out here at four in the morning anyways? The suns not even up yet." I laughed. "C'mon. Tell me."

"I always go to school early. Why are you out here this early?" His smile faded and I knew I hit a weak spot my asking this.

"Just needed to get away from the house." Mason would never tell me what was wrong at his house. He either never answered me, or he just changed the subject. "But, uh, Tear Drop?" I looked up at his brown eyes. "About what happened last weekend...?”

I remembered what happened last weekend...

*Flashback*

All of Marcus' friends and I were drunk. Marcus had already passed out, and one by one, everyone else was passing out. Logan and Trevor usually held out until they were done having their way with me, but, they passed out too. Only Mason and I we still awake. Suddenly, we were making out, full on. He was a great kisser too. Well, he was my first kiss that I wanted, so, what I should have said was 'he was a better kisser than Trevor and Logan.' He was groping me, and it felt good this time, not like it felt with Trevor and Logan. Jeez! Stop thinking about Trevor and Logan when you're making out with a hot guy that you actually want! I yelled at myself. So, I did what I was told, and focused on making out with Mason.

Suddenly, Cody, one of Marcus' friends laughed and pointed at us. I got away from Mason, feeling myself get red by the second. I looked up at Cody, and saw that he had already passed out again.

"Do you think he'll tell?" I asked Mason, lowering my voice until he could barely hear me.

"Why does it matter?"

"W-well, you're my brother’s b-b-best friend. I-it's kin-kind of off l-limits, ya knoww?" I stuttered out.

Mason looked hurt. "Y-yeah. It's cool. I'm kind of tired though. So..." He laid down and fell asleep.

*End Of Flashback*

"What about it?" I asked.

"Well, it was a mistake. You were right. I'm your brother’s friend, and that would just be fucked up if we dated." He answered slowly, like he regretted saying it.