10. Hell Is my Life

Chapter 10

It was about 6 p.m. when I got home.  I had gotten Marcus to come pick me up from the airport and he was shocked at my new look.  He demanded to know what had happened, or if I was "still a virgin".  I wasn't, because of his goddamn friends, but I told him I was anyways...  and then I told him to blame Mom for the make over.

Tonight, I was going to try to stay at my house.  If my father even once started yelling at me, I'd leave and go to Evan's house.

I felt safe at his house.  It was like my own sanctuary, a place to go to get away.  I loved it there.  Well, at least when Ruby wasn't there.

Thinking Ruby's name just got me pissed.  I wanted to punch a hoe in the solar plexus, and then start wailing on her face.

Why am I such a violent person??

Whatever.  Right now I was texting Stranger.  I was laughing at one of his jokes, a lame, corny joke, when my dad came into the room.

"Where the fuck have you been?!"  He demanded.

"I was in Florida...  With my mother."

"Were you given permission to go there, Bitch?"

"I don't need your fucking permission.  It isn't like you actually care about what happens to me or anything.  So please, do me a favor and go fuck yourself instead of me this time."  This was the first time that I actually ever stood up to him.  I was proud of myself.

I figured that he would be shocked and go jack off.  But no.  His face got angry, and he slapped me right in the face. 

I should have known better.  I should have kept my mouth shut.  I should have just gone to Evan's house right when I got back.

If I had done any of those, I wouldn't have had a black eye, bruises on my face, and burn marks up my arms.

Should have fucking known better, was the only thought I could think when I was stumbling over to Evans.  I knocked patiently on the door and waited until Evan answered the door.  Except it wasn't Evan.  It was Ford.  Just my luck.

He opened the door, and the first thing I noticed were the hickies on his neck.  He was smiling, and then his face turned into a frown.  "What the fuck happened to you?"

"None of your business.  Where's Evan?"

"He.... He's on a date.  Come inside, I'm going to clean up your face."  He ignored my protests and practically carried me into the bathroom.  Once we into the bathroom, he picked me up and sat me on the sink.  I was shocked that he touched me on the hips...  It gave me an unfamiliar feeling.

He took some cleaning alcohol out of the cabinet under the sink, along with some cotton balls.  He dabbed my face with the cotton ball after putting the alcohol on it.  It stung the cuts on my face and I gasped in pain.

"Sorry."

"It's fine.  It just... stung a little bit."  I informed him.  He nodded.

"So… Are you going to tell me what happened?"  He asked, still dabbing my face.

"No."  I didn't have a problem with Ford, but that didn't mean that I trusted him.

He touched my arm.  "I won't tell."  He gave my arm a little squeeze and I bent over in pain.  I snatched my arm away from him and almost started crying.  I never knew that burns could hurt so much.

He gave me a shocked look and then gently took my arm back.  He pulled the sleeve of my hoodie up and examined the burns on my arm.

"Oh, God..."