9. Hell Is My Life

Chapter 9

"He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger, and finally drank away her memory. Life is short but this time it was bigger than the strength he had to get up off his knees. We found him with his face down in the pillow, with a note that said 'I'll love her till I die'. And when we buried him beneath the willow, the angels sang a whiskey lullaby." Brad Paisley's song Whiskey Lullaby woke me up. There was a phone beside me, and it was singing the song because whoever’s phone this was had gotten a text message. The contact was from, "Open Me, Tear Drop!"

I did as the phone told me to and read it. It said, "Like your new phone, Tear Drop? -Mom.

As I read it, I dropped the phone and started to jump up and down on my bed, squealing. "Yes!!" I picked the phone back up and changed the contact from "open me, Tear Drop!" to "mom".

Then I texted back with a "YES I DO! Thank you sooooo much!"

I turned on the computer and logged onto Hotmail to tell Stranger about the good news.

Subject: Omegle Friend!!

To: ImAmazingInUrBed@Hotmail.com

From: Fuck_You@Hotmail.com

Date: May 1, 2008

Body:

I got a phone!!!! text me! 305-259-1466

I was literally jumping up and down in my seat. Minutes later, I got a text from a number that was '458-623-3188'. I opened it and read,

From: 458-623-3188

Date: Sunday, May 1, 2008

Hey, Marley. Its the guy you've been e-mailing for a while. Wassup?

I replied.

From: You

Date: Sunday, May 1, 2008

Nothing, Just woke up. You?

I went back to the contact page in my phone, after remembering his number, and made his contact name 'Stranger'.

We had been e-mail buddies for about 13 days now, but it felt like I had been talking to him for a year instead. I knew so much about him, and he knew so much about me because we talked almost every day. I was glad to finally have a friend that I trusted, who possibly trusted me back. But one thing I did know, was that he didn't trust me enough to tell me his name. I didn't know why. I really didn't care that much to ask for the second time.

He texted me back and I scanned it before texting back.

From: Stranger

Date: Sunday, May 1, 2008

Nothing, Just sitting here watching tv.

From: You

Date: Sunday, May 1, 2008

Nice.

I continued texting him throughout the day. I even texted him when my mom was putting brown streaks in my blonde hair. She gave me a completely new makeover, so that I could look prettier than I was for the past 16 years. When she was done, you could still tell that it was me, but I looked completely different.