25. Hell is my Life

Chapter 25

Considering I came home at seven in the morning, I woke up pretty early.  At 11 o’clock, I got a phone call from the police department.  

“Hello?”  I answered groggily. 

“Miss Davenport?”  A man said.

“Yes, this is she.”

“We have collected enough evidence on your case to arrest Jason Caverly, Logan Casey, and Trevor Goldberg.  They are being held at the Oregon State Police Department.”

“Are they able to post bail?”

“They are.”

“Well… When is their court date?”  I asked.

“Their court date has not been scheduled yet.”

“Okay. Thank you, Sir.”

“You’re welcome, Ma’am. Have a good day.”

“You too. Good-bye.”

“Good-bye.”

I hung up, throwing the phone onto the bed next to a sleeping Ford. 

I didn’t want to wake him up.  It was only eleven, and he was probably still tired.  So I went into thekitchen and got a bowl of cereal. As I poured the milk into the heaping bowl of Cap’n Crunch, Evan walked into the room, tying up his red fuzzy robe.

“When did you get here?” He asked.

“About 7 a.m.”

“Where were you guys?”

“At the police station.”

“Why didn’t you guys call me? I wouldn’t have come and bailed you out and stuff!”

“No, you don’t understand.  We went there to report the rapes and abuse.”

“Oh!”  He says, surprised.  “Is that why I got a call from Logan about an hour ago asking me to bail him out of jail?”

“Yeah.”  I frown, mixing up my cereal with my spoon.  “Did you bail him out?”

“No, I told him to call his dad.”

“Oh.”

I went to the table, set my bowl of cereal down and started eating.

“I’m glad you finally went to the police.”  He informed me.

“Me too.”

A couple hours later, I was watching TV with Evan.  Ford came into the room with just sweat pants on, trying to brush his fingers through his bed head.

He sat down next to me.  “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“I thought you could use the sleep.”

“Oh.” 

“Babe, if you don’t mind, can we go by my house today sometime?  My dad got arrested, and I kind of want to… I don’t know… clean the house up or something.

“Of course.”  He put his arms around my waist and I snuggled into him.

I heard Evan snort.  “Couples and their snuggling.”

I laughed.

A couple hours later, Ford and I were changing clothes, getting ready to go to my house.

Once we were there, all of the bittersweet memories came rushing back to me. 

“You don’t have to stay here.”  I told Ford.  “Actually, I kind of want to clean up by myself… If you don’t mind.”