Chapter 45

[JENNY]

"You're still awake..."

Angel still ignored me and remained her eyes glued outside the window. I took a couple of steps further until I was standing right behind her.

She was startled when I suddenly grabbed her hand and raised it up so I could see her arm clearly. Her forearm had slashes on it. Freshly slit, the blood had just dried up but not entirely. The scars still had swollen outlines.

Angel pulled her hand away and she snorted disdainfully.

"Why?" I asked holding back my tears, making my voice kinda raspy.

She smirked sarcastically and shook her head. I was expecting her to say something, but she didn't.

"You know you can talk to me. I'm your older sister," I told her.

This time, she finally looked at me. I was confused when her eyebrows began to frown. "Yeah. My beautiful perfect older sister," there was sarcasm in her tone.

My eyes widened. "What?" I muttered.

She finally stepped away from the window. I moved back when she started to take two steps forward.

"You disgust me," she said, her face scrunching to complement her statement. Now her voice was mixed with bitterness.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, oblivious to what she was trying to imply. I was offended with what she said, but I'm trying to be an adult here so I decided to let it slide.

"How could you do that to Noah?" She began to scowl.

"Do what?" I scowled back, my eyebrows furrowing as well.

"I saw you. You and Harris getting all cuddly with each other," she hissed looking to the side.

I licked my lower lip and left my lip in between my teeth. My braincells were trying to process on something to respond.

"He rejected me because of you!" I was taken aback with what I heard.

"What?" I gasped.

"I kissed him and he rejected me! Because I wasn't you!" She started to cry. I wanted to hug her but she stopped me from taking any steps closer to her.

"And you do this?! How could you?!?" She added.

"Y-you kissed him?!" I asked, stunned, the moment her words sink into my brain.

Her eyes were stabbing me as her face cringed. "You don't deserve him," she huffed.

She paced towards the closet table that was next to her bed. She opened one drawer and pulled out something.

"Angel!" My eyes opened as wide as saucers while my jaw dropped in shock. My sister was holding a pocket knife now and she was pointing it at me. Taking in the pocket knife's appearance, I concluded that it was Noah's missing knife.

"Why do you have that?" I said, raising my hands in level to my chest as I try to keep my distance from her, and especially from the knife's tip. I recalled how Noah went berserk when he was looking for the object and failed to find it.

Not once have I thought that Angel's the one who have it. And yet here she was, swinging the knife to my direction. Out of impulse, I jumped back to avoid the sharp object.

"Why didn't you just die along with mom and dad," she whimpered. I felt displeased upon hearing it.

"Put the knife down Angel," I requested calmly.

"What is going on in h-- Angel!!" The door opened out of the blue and there was Aunt Clare standing by the doorway. Her facial expression was horrified when she saw Angel pointing a knife at me.