Chapter 32

[JENNY]

For some reason I couldn't fully comprehend, my heart was pounding rather fast and loud.

I stirred myself on the brown couch to adjust my sitting position. This was a bad idea.

"Do you need anything Sommers? Juice? Anything?" Coach Morris stood by the doorway, his back leaned against the doorjamb. He was holding a glass of orange juice.

I swallowed roughly. My mouth opened but instead of saying anything, I ended up exhaling a tensed breath.

It was a Saturday and instead of chilling out like what normal teenagers would do, I chose to come here to Coach Morris' place for a confrontation. Right now I'm starting to regret this decision.

But I'm doing this for Noah. He's done something to him. I can feel it in my... well, let's call it woman's intuition.

Gathering up the courage I need, I stood up. My knees were basically trembling weak but I forced myself to stand firm.

I cleared my throat to prepare myself. "What have you done to Noah?"

There. I said it. No way to turn back now.

Coach Morris' facial expression changed into somewhat flabbergasted then shifted to glare of annoyance.

"Excuse me?" He walked further from the doorjamb and beckoned closer to me. I took a step back out of impulse, the back of my knee hitting the couch.

Coach Morris placed his glass of juice on the coffee table in front to where I was. His glare at me wasn't disappearing as he did so and it made my heart beat louder.

"I know you're doing something bad to him. Everytime you call him out. Whenever you borrow him from me..." I paused and almost let out a squeal when Coach Morris suddenly scowled. He was already standing right in front of me.

"What the hell are you talking about Sommers?" He smirked. I could tell he was trying to intimidate me and honestly it was working.

"Whatever it is you're doing to him... Stop it!" I wailed firmly, urging myself to pull off the same intimidating level by glaring back at him straight in the eyes.

He smirked again. "What is it do you think I'm doing to him?" He turned around, his back was facing me now.

I stunned. I'm not entirely sure what. But I know there is.

Seeing I wasn't able to answer, he laughed confidently. He pivoted around again so we were face to face once more.

"School must be giving you a lot of stress lately," he snickered shaking his head. He reached down to pick up his glass of juice on the table and took a sip. He made an audible gasp of satisfaction after chugging the liquid down his throat.

"You kids should try exerting effort in exercise," he cackled, placing the glass back down on the table.

I frowned. "I'm telling you off to the police," I threatened while pointing my index finger at him.

His cheeky grin faded. His eyebrows arched together. "Now you listen here Sommers. You watch your tongue! I could sue you with slander," he was pointing his index finger at me too.

I forced a wry laugh. "Noah already told me everything coach. And I have evidence to prove it! Now unless you stop what you're doing to him, I'm going to report you."

Of course that was a lie. Noah didn't tell me anything. Nor did I have an evidence. The words just came out of my mouth. Frankly, this would be a his-words-against-mine situation but that part seemed to have not crossed his common sense and I noticed him tensed up. He was taking the bait, I noted.