Chapter 37

[JENNY]

"Harris wait!" I yelped while trying to catch up to him in the hallways. He stopped and partially turned around to his heel. I trotted to get closer to him.

"What now Jen?" He grunted.

I heaved in deeply and straightened my posture. "Look... I'm..."

I paused. Shoot. My mouth's stunned all of a sudden.

"You're what?" He scorned.

"I'm sorry," I said almost mumbling to myself as I bobbed my head down to face the floor.

"You're what?" He asked again wryly.

"I'm sorry okay!?!" This time I broke. My eyes exploded with tears. There were two girls who was passing by and looked at us puzzlingly. I was blushing due to embarrassment but I couldn't help it. Good thing the two girls didn't stick around to watch more of my dramas.

Harris words all came back to me in a flash.

"What if he turned out to be a psycho or something?"

No matter how hard I try to deny it, he was right. He was theoretically right and I got mad at him for it. I defended Noah and now I felt nothing but guilt.

I sniffed, wiping away the tears in the process. "I'm sorry. I never should have said that. It was insensitive of me. You were just worried for me and I got mad at you..."

Okay. Now I'm breaking down in the middle of the hallways. This is really really embarrassing. Yet I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"...I didn't want you to think that I'm taking sides or anything. But I guess the words that I used made it seemed like it. I can't go around a day knowing you're mad at me Harris. I just can't," shoot. Please tears. Stop falling. "Please. I'm sorry," I sniffed.

My eyes were swelling, my nose was clogging, and my chest was tightening therefore making me wheeze in tears. Harris just stood there and watched. No expression visible on his face.

"..I don't want us to fight. You're my best friend Harris... I love you as well.. Maybe not the way you want but you're one of the important people in my life... So I'm sorry! I'll do anything to not make you upset with me anymore.. Anythi--"

I was surprisingly interrupted when Harris abruptly leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. It took a while but I involuntarily accepted the kiss, leading our lips to move in sync. His arm circled around my waist and he pulled me against him.

Somehow I was stuck in a trance. No. Correction. I was drowning in the trance. My heart beat so loud and fast I bet it would jump out of my chest any time soon. Luckily, Harris pulled away just in time.

Both of us were panting to catch our breath. It wasn't a rough kiss. There was no tongue or anything. Just a sweet gentle comforting kiss.

I gawked at him, stunned with eyes as wide as circles and lips parted in an O-shape. Harris rubbed his nape and looked down at the floor. He was blushing and god forbid I was too.

"I-i'm sorry," he muttered shyly.

I bit my lower lip in an awkward manner. "Uhmm... Uh..." I couldn't say anything. My braincells were still frozen.

Harris sniggered awkwardly, influencing me to do the same.

****

[NOAH]

"I'll do anything to not make you upset with me anymore.. Anythi--"

My eyes fumed at what I saw.