Chapter 55

A/N: Trigger warning in the end.

***

[JENNY]

"Angel could you please get me half gallon of milk?" I told my sister as I gently pushed the cart forward.

We were at the grocery store to buy... well... new groceries of course. However, Aunt Clare had to drop by someplace to pay for our monthly electric bill, thus the whole grocery shopping was passed unto Angel and me.

"Why me?" Angel grunted a sigh.

I eyed her and replied. "Could you please just get one? I'm going to go get shampoos and conditioners."

Unwillingly, Angel stomped towards the aisle where the milks and juices where stacked. Meanwhile I went straight to the aisle for the shampoos and soaps and other hygiene related products.

While I was pushing the cart along the aisles, I noticed familiar figures by the snacks area. Taking in their appearances, I suddenly felt nervous. Quickly, I turned around and go the other way just so they wouldn't see me.

But it was too late. One of them had already seen me and before I knew it, they were trailing right behind me.

"Damien look," one of them, some guy named Allan, circled his arm around my shoulder as he grinned.

Damien stopped in front of me, his hands gripping on the cart as he leered at me. I tried to flee but his friends had already huddled around me blocking every available path. With a heavy breathing, I forced myself to gather all courage I had.

"Step aside Damien," I said while jolting the cart backward to remove the cart from his grip, but his grasp was strong. I noticed bruises on his face-- presuming some of them was during the fight him and Harris had. There was a cut on his lower lip, and as well as on his right eyebrow.

"You here alone? Where are your boyfriends you slut?" He sniggered, and his friends did the same. I tried so hard not to do an eye-roll because I know that it would only piss him off.

Behind his shoulder I caught Angel approaching with the milk I told her to get. She paused in her tracks the moment she noticed Damien and his friends circling around me. I eyed her to step back and not to come closer. She nodded, then slowly stepped back to hide.

"I'm alone. Yeah. I'm just here for groceries," I replied plainly with a stiff voice.

Damien had a smug on his smirk as he nodded, his hands not letting go of the cart. I shook my shoulder to shove Allan's arm off me. He removed his arm and raised his hands in surrender-- in an ironical way.

Another one of his friends, the one with a spikey hairdo named Paul, snatched a pack of skittles from the cart. I frowned and pleaded for him to place the item back. Luckily he did so because Damien shot him a glare.

Damien gazed at his friends like he was telling them something through the eyes. They nodded, and after a second or two, I was being dragged outside the grocery store.

"Hey where are you taking me?!" I squealed as I squirm to escape from their tight grips on my upper arm.

They continued dragging me harshly to the back of the store, the part not visible to any people unless someone walks here on purpose.

This is ridiculous. Damien's ignoring the fact that we were in a public place.

Glancing at him again, I noted how red his eyes was. His face was flustered red, and I smelled the alcohol as his breath fanned my face when he drew his head close to mine after I got pinned on the wall.