Chapter 3

Right after a whole day at hell-school, Harris and I decided to stop by the nearby cafe to chill out and soothe our minds. It's our favorite cafe to hang out to. Moon Cafe.

Besides having a relaxing environment, the cafe isn't that packed with people during this time of the day. Usually, the older folks would come here which makes it a whole lot better. Some kids from our school would drop by here from time to time, and whenever they do, Harris and I would chose to stay out of their ways and go home. But that instances only happen on rare occasions thank goodness.

"Here you go," the waitress placed our coffee drinks on top of our table. I caught Harris trailing his eyes on her until she walked behind the counter. As a way to snap him back to earth, I kicked his ankle from underneath the table. It grabbed his attention and glared at me.

"What was that for?" He scowled.

"The waitress' practically naked in your thoughts so I had to grab your attention. Don't want you harassing anyone in that tiny lil braincells of yours," I teased while grabbing my cup of coffee for a sip. I forgot the coffee was hot and it burnt my tongue.

Harris cackled amusingly. I frowned at him and stuck out my tongue to his direction. He wiped the  laughter-induced-tear on the corner his eye using his finger.

"So Jen," he spoke after seconds of laughing at me for burning my tongue with the hot coffee. I looked at him with a hmm? look on my face.

"You going to Keisha's birthday party this Saturday?"

Sort of habit, I bit my lower lip and almost lose grip of the coffee cup. Luckily, my reflexes were quick enough to tighten my grip back.

I shrugged and took sip. "Are we even invited?"

Harris's eyes widened, like what I said wasn't even a question to start with.

"Everyone's invited!" He exclaimed.

I heard about Keisha's birthday party. At first, I was a tad bit surprised that both of us are invited. Those labeled as nerds, geeks, and other peasants in the social status hierarchy were invited too. She really wanted to go all out on this.

To be honest, I was tempted about it when I heard. People like us, the small animals in a jungle overpowered by popularity, we never really get invited to parties. Thus, making this a very huge deal in loser history.

However, a party like that would be an open slaughterhouse for people like us. The cool kids can attack the losers so easily. It'll be an open playground for them to pick on us. To pick on me.

That is why I'm having second thoughts. I don't want them to get an opportunity to attack me. School is enough but outside school bullying? I don't think I can handle that.

"Yara's going to be there so no thanks," I uttered, taking another sip.

Harris rolled his eyes and sighed. "So is Damien but you don't see me getting paranoid about it."

"You don't want to live don't you?" I asked rhetorically.

I can see a confusion mixed in his facial expression. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing. Nevermind," I sighed. I don't want to explain anything any further to him so might as well avert his question.

Harris sipped on his coffee cup before talking again. "This could be an opportunity for us to be socially accepted Jen. Don't you want your senior year to be memorable before we get to college?"

College? Memorable? Senior year? No. What I want is to live my senior year peacefully, away from people making my life miserable. That is what I wanted to tell him, but decided to keep it to myself.