Chapter 31

A/N

Aaaah before anything else, let me just say thank you for the 2k reads. It's not a lot but it made me so happy I could cry D: You guys are awesome... Whoever you are you saved me. (*Q*)

*****

[JENNY]

"W-what are you doing here?" I stared at Angel who was standing stiffly beside my bed where Noah was sleeping. Her head was facing down to the floor, as if avoiding to make eye contact, while she rubbed her arm.

"I... Uhh..." She was stuttering. "I..." She didn't say any clear sentence. Just stutters of I's and Uh's. I waited patiently for her to gather up the words but instead she motioned to walk passed me. Reluctant, I stepped aside to give her some path but my eyes continued trailing her as she walked out of the room and travelled to hers.

My eyebrows couldn't restrain themselves from frowning at my sister's weird behavior. Harris and I do found her odd sometimes, but this just seemed totally off.

I didn't want to think it, but it appeared like she was about to kiss Noah while he slept. God I hope I'm wrong.

Still confused, I sauntered closer to the bed and sat on the edge. I glued my eyes on Noah, enjoying how innocent he looks when he's asleep.

He looked so peaceful. I just wish it was the same as this when he's awake. I brushed my hand along his hair, pulling the ones over his face to the back. With no hesitation, I leaned forward and kissed his forehead. I couldn't suppress myself from blushing.

Harris was wrong. I truly am inlove with Noah. No schizophrenia or whatever it is can change that fact.

He mentioned something about a Morris?

I froze as Dr. Osborne's voice rose up inside my head. Morris. There was no doubt. It could only point out to Coach Morris. He's the only Morris I know who hangs around Noah a lot these past previous days.

The question now is what could it mean? Did he do something to Noah that might have triggered something in him? Or made whatever his condition was worse than it usually was?

Whatever it is, I have to get to the bottom of it.

I gazed at Noah again, my thumb caressing his soft pale cheek. I drew my head down again until our faces was an inch apart from each other to the point where the tip of my nose had touched a portion of his cheek.

I'll help you Noah.

****

[NOAH]

I hate medication. I hate taking pills or whatever medicines it is. I hate it.

What else can I do? Jenny was the one monitoring me in that particular matter. If it was my mom, it'd be easy to get away with. But not Jenny. It's like she could see right through me. Just one glare and I immediately fall into my knees.

After gulping the solid medicine down my throat, I placed the bottle back into the medicine cabinet inside the bathroom. As soon as I closed the door of the cabinet, I got locked in staring at my reflection from the mirror.

My face was paler than usual, I noted. My eyes were obviously colored with exhaustion. My hair was ruffled all over. My lips, red yet dry-cracked. I look hideous to look at.

"You're a beautiful monster."

There it is again. The voice in my head that pops up whenever it wants to. It was now laughing menacingly making my head hurt and I winced.