Chapter 4

Harris wanted to come over to our house after school, but I told him he can't.

Today is a very important day in my life and I didn't want to focus on other things other than this. A dear friend of mine, who moved away ten years ago, is finally back and I'm more than excited for this news.

My internal consciousness kept on reminiscing the memories I had with him as I was walking home. I told my Aunt Clare about this news and I also told my sister about this.

Aunt Clare was excited to hear that her dear friend was back too. My sister isn't that much though, since she couldn't remember them. I don't blame her. She was so young when they left and she doesn't really leave the house that often ever since the accident happened. She still doesn't up until now.

Aunt Clare was our dad's sister. She was the one who took us in after the accident happened. It was very painful for a child to encounter that event, but Aunt Clare did her best to take care of us like we were her own kids. She never had a family of her own, and once she told us that we were enough. Although, sometimes I could see hope in her eyes that she'd be able to start a family of her own.

She brought me and my sister here in Forks to start a new life. This paved the way for me to meet Noah. He was my only friend. During those times, when I thought the world was against me, Noah made me think otherwise.

He was always there for me. He always makes me smile. He beats up bullies for me. He was very special. And I know I was special to him.

Unfortunately he had to leave. And we just stopped talking afterwards.

My heart, as a child, literally crashed that I got sick for three days because of sadness. Yes. It's a real thing.

But that doesn't matter now. Mrs. Emily's back. And she tagged Noah along with her. I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to ask him questions..  So many questions I kept to myself since I was a child. Questions that badly needed answer.

Their old house was directly next to ours. When I got to our block, I could immediately see a pick up truck parked right outside the house next to ours.

Packed with ecstacy, I dashed to our house and got in as fast as I can. Aunt Clare and Emily were talking on the couch. The television was turned on but neither of them seemed to pay attention to what was going on in the screen.

"Oh hi Jen," Aunt Clare greeted as she noticed I creeped inside.

I stopped tiptoeing and beamed them a smile instead of greeting her back with words.

My eyes searched the living room. They were scanning for Noah's presence, but were disappointed. My smile curled into a frown which I think Aunt Clare noticed. She stood up and walked over to me for a hug.

"You're looking for Noah aren't you?" She questioned and I just blushed at the mention of his name. My braincells were analysing whether I should confirm her question or not. I ended up nodding my head anyways.

Mrs. Emily smiled. "Hi Jenny. My, how you've grown. Noah's in the backyard."

My frown shifted to a wide grin again.  I was aware I was smiling widely and I felt embarrassed so I wiped the smile off my face instantly. Nonetheless, my heart still thumped rapidly and I just wanted it to go beating normally again.

Hastily, I rushed to the backdoor located in the kitchen. I heard Aunt Clare yelped, "Don't you think you should get changed first?"

I paused for a while and realized I was still in my uniform. But I didn't really care. Outside that backdoor is something worth not changing my uniforms... For now..