Chapter 59

[JENNY]

Noah wanted the two of us to go to the playground. Unfortunately, I am still feeling a whole lot traumatized after what Damien did to me. I still haven't told anyone yet... Not even Harris. I know I should but my anxiety was making me do otherwise.

I couldn't sleep well last night and I was well aware that dark circles were showing underneath my eyes. But right now, I don't care about how I look anymore.

"What did Harris say?" Noah's voice snapped me from my thoughts. He had his back leaned against the tree trunk. His hands were inside his pockets. Me, on the other hand, sat on the grass with my legs folded up so I could envelope my arms around it. My back was pressed against the other side of the trunk from where Noah was leaning against.

"Huh?" I uttered in a puzzled whisper as I slightly turn my head to his direction.

"He whispered something to you earlier. What was that all about?" He asked in his usual cold voice.

"Oh," I bobbed my head back down and rested my chin on top of my knees. "It was nothing."

All he said was "be careful." And I knew exactly what he meant. I don't blame him. After getting punched by Noah out of the blue, of course he doesn't trust Noah to be alone with me. I love Harris as my bestfriend and  I feel very grateful for his concern but Noah's my boyfriend now and I know he wouldn't hurt me...

Who hurts someone they love?

I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't notice Noah was already indian-seated beside me.

"Jenny," he simply said.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"You can tell me what happened," his stern voice bluntly said. I stared deep into his dead pan eyes. It was the eyes that I couldn't see through no matter how hard I try. And yet, you would still feel like drowning once you stare at those pair of dark pupils.

Should I tell him? If I do tell him, I fear that he might do the same exact thing he did to Coach Morris. And that was traumatizing enough.

But then again... bad people deserves it. And Damien... He was the worse. He was the real demon!

"Jenny?" Noah's voice dragged me away from my thoughts again. I glanced at him and his worried eyes stared into mine. It was then that I realized that my eyes were filled with tears again. Within a second or two, I was locked in between his arms in an embrace. I circled my arms around his waist and I hugged him tightly. His hand rubbed my back in a soothing manner as he tries to calm me down. I felt his lips touched on the crown of my head, which somehow soothed me.

"I love you," I unknowingly said, yet I knew I meant it with all my heart. He replied with the same exact words before our lips touched and we shared another passionate kiss.

Unfortunately, in between the kiss, Damien's image flashed in my head. Out of nerves, I pushed Noah away from me rather roughly sending his back almost falling to the grass. Luckily his hands were fast enough to prop himself.

"I'm sorry," I wheezed. "I.." my breathing was heavy and staggered.

Maybe I should tell Noah. Then I'll leave the rest to him. I have principles yes... But I guess my principles does not apply to someone like Damien. I want him dead.

Dead...

Dead...

DEAD!!!

Realizing what I had just been thinking, I mentally slapped myself.

What am I thinking?! Has Noah's twistedness rubbing off on me??