Chapter 8

Noah was squeezing my thighs to a point that it hurt.

"Ow," I winced. He didn't seem to care.

I stared into his eyes and there was the sudden gloom again. His face was stoic, his lips pressed into a thin line, his brows, however, was forming into a frown.

"I said we need to talk," he repeated, this time his voice a bit louder, the tone obviously domineering.

"Okay!" I squeaked, shaking my leg away from his grip. He released his hand and stood straight. I kneaded my thighs to soothe the ache.

"That guy..." he initiated. I looked at him as he sat beside me on the side of the bed. "Who is he?"

With a raised eyebrow I answered his question with another question. "Why are you asking?"

He clenched his jaw. "Answer me!" He was basically shouting and I flinched at the sudden loudness of his voice.

"Harris. He's my friend," I answered with a shaky voice.

He looked surprised at my answer. "Friend?"

"Yeah," I confirmed.

He drew his hand towards the side of my head and tugged strands of my hair behind my ear. I blanched as his hand began caressing my cheek gently while his eyes remained glued at me.

"I don't like him," he mumbled. My eyes widened in confusion. He's acting weird and it's a little bit disturbing me.

"So you're gonna kill him too the way you killed my dog?" As if my mouth had a mind of its own and I internally slapped myself after saying that. I didn't even know why I said that.

Noah was obviously taken back. He withdrew his hand from my face. He pulled himself further but his eyes were still into mine. A smile formed on the corner of his lips... No wait... It was a smirk... A mischievous smirk.

"So this is still all about the dog huh," he sighed.

"You killed my dog!" I uttered distastefully while slowly leaning in but not too close to him.

"It was just a dog Jen--"

"Nasty wasn't just a dog! He was my friend!" I roared, tears bursting from my eyes.

His hands cupped my cheeks and he leaned his face closer again, this time an inch apart. I could feel him breathing.

"I'm here now. I'm your friend," he grinned with a heavy breathing. His forehead pressed against mine and the tips of our noses touched each other. His hands were still cupping my cheeks.

I gulped and bit the insides of my cheeks. Both of us were staring into each other. I was entranced by his dark eyes. My mind had been completely lost just by staring into his eyes. Yet I was still disturbed by his gesture. Especially with what he just said.

"You don't need any dog. You don't need that Harris either. Because I'm here," he mumbled almost to a whisper while showing a dire grin.

Then he wrapped me between his arms and I was pressed against his bare chest. The heat between our bodies was sending chills throughout my spine. My hormones were boiling.

"Noah," I muffled. I wasn't sure if he could hear me since my face was basically nuzzled against his chest. I tried shoving him off but he was hugging me tightly.

Later on, he finally released me from the hug. What happened next, though, was highly unexpected.

In a blink of an eye, Noah's lips were pressed to mine. His lips were making movements but mine was closed still. I was taken aback... Again!