Chapter 53

[JENNY]

"Achoooo!" I sneezed out of the blue while talking to Harris over the phone. I had been sitting on our front porch since the call started.

["Are you okay?"] Harris questioned. I could hear game sound effects from his end of the line.

"Yeah," I sniffed while rubbing my nose. "I just sneezed that's all."

["Hey. Maybe someone's thinking of you right now..."] He bemused and I hear him laughing over the phone. I rolled my eyes and laughed along with him.

"That's just a myth Harris. Maybe it's because I went swimming in the lake earlier," I retorted.

["Oh right. Yeah. You went there without me."] Although I couldn't see it, I could tell he was upset by the way his voice sounded.

"We could always go there some other time," I said chuckling yet trying to sound apologetic.

["So how was your cliche date with your boyfriend?"] I blushed when Harris said the word boyfriend. My eyes flitted towards the Pryce's house, Noah's window in particular, and I couldn't suppress the smile on my face.

Hey maybe Noah's the one thinking of me that's why I sneezed. I internally chuckled at myself with the thought.

"It was cool..." It was great. I bit my lower lip while pushing my hair to the back as I suddenly felt giddy. It's just a shame that I had to ruin the moment because I was afraid that Aunt Clare would find out. Turned out, my hopes back at the lake had been answered because I found out from Angel that our Aunt is working overtime again. If I only knew that was case, I would have decided to stay a little bit longer.

["That's good to hear. So can we hang out too? I missed you you know... I mean you have a boyfriend alright but I'm still your bestfriend. You're neglecting your obligations with me."]

I laughed and rolled my eyes in amusement. I could imagine Harris doing his puppy eyes while saying that.

"Of course we can hang out dufus," I sniggered. 

Just then, I saw a familiar car parking across the Pryce's house. Someone got out from the driver's seat, and as I took in his appearance, I realized it was Noah's psychiatrist. Dr. Osborne.

I was bewildered as to why is he going towards the Pryce's house. Last time I checked, his session with Noah isn't until Friday, which is technically still three days away from now.

I wonder what's going on.

My eyes observed him as he walked up to the Pryce's front doorsteps. He knocked and immediately the door opened. I caught a glimpse of Noah's mom, and I was completely taken by surprise when I saw her jump to him in an embrace.

With a raised eyebrow, I remained watching them until Dr. Osborne walked inside, followed by the door closing, and he was longer in my sight.

["Jenny?"] Harris stole me from my thoughts. I blinked and uttered a huh? I got distracted by Dr. Osborne's sudden appearance so I failed to catch what Harris just said.

["I said I'll call you later. I need to finish my game."]

"What game are you playing this time?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

["P2. So yeah. I'll hang up now okay? Love ya!-- as a friend..."] He laughed awkwardly making me laugh as well.

I nodded a yes, and just that the call ended. I got up to my feet and motioned to open the door. But before I walk inside, I took the liberty of glancing over the Pryce's house one last time.