Chapter 38

[NOAH]

...I bumped into the same two people who ruined my mood for the day.

"There you are Noah," Jenny said. I rolled my eyes with a sarcastic smirk. She was shocked at first but the expression quickly transformed into a frown. I immediately regretted rolling my eyes at her. I can never be rude to her.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Anyways...we went back into the cafeteria and Reggie told us you left after I did," Jenny added. "We've been looking everywhere for you. The bell rang minutes ago and you haven't eaten lunch."

"I don't give a fuck if the bell rang minutes ago."

And I don't care about lunch.

"Are you okay bro?" Harris voice was a curse to my eardrums. I wanted to punch him, crush his head even. But of course I can't do that. Not now with Jenny here. Maybe later.

Hmmm....

"I'm fine," I answered, showing a fake small smile.

He raised an eyebrow dubiously. "Are you sure? You look... Wet?"

My eyes widened, realizing my hair and face was still wet from rinsing the tears away earlier in the bathroom... The collar of my uniform was also still damped, which I'm guessing, is what gave it away.

"I said I'm fine," I scowled, throwing him a murderous look.

He gulped and raised both his palms open in surrender. "Alright. I was just asking."

He turned to Jenny. "I'm gonna head to class. See you in History," he started going to a different direction while Jenny was left with me.

Good riddance.

"Noah?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's get to class. You know Mrs. Heffler hates tardiness."

I sighed silently while trailing right behind her.

****

[JENNY]

The day went well... Erm eventually.

Harris and I made ou-- I mean made up. We made up. We were friends again.

Although I couldn't take my mind off the kiss we shared back in the hallways. It was distracting me from my homeworks.

I felt something weird afterwards. I felt lighter... Like all the stress I've been holding deep in my chest just melted. I stared blankly at the poster on the wall in front of me, unconsciously brushing a finger on my lower lip as I imagined Harris' lips on mine.

But then Noah's face cameoed in my reminiscing and the stress returned. I sighed in frustration and flopped my back down to the bed. I was now staring blankly at the ceiling.

I covered my face with the notebook I was supposed to write my homework on, burying my face in between the pages then let out a muffled squeal.

My frustration was distracted by a familiar tune that entered my room. Someone was singing Bohemian Rhapsody again. Instantly, I recognized it was Noah's voice.

I pulled the notebook off my face, then propped my elbow up on the bed to allow me to sit up and lean my back against the bed's headboard. I then pretended to continue indulging my attention to the homework instead of focusing on Noah. However, I couldn't stop myself from glimpsing at him.

Guess you could say I was curious of what he was doing.

I lifted my head up, only to see him pull a chair from underneath the table I have inside my bedroom. He sat down, his back facing me. I continued to watch him as he reached for his bag lying on the floor and pulled out a notebook.