60

[NOAH]

"Are you okay?" I asked Angel as I felt her grip on my forearm tightened.

The two of us were in a grocery store because she wanted to buy booze. Well, technically she wanted me to buy the booze for her. I don't drink. And she practically hasn't had one before so if we were to go chugging this alcohol drink, we'd both be doomed being first time drinkers.

Anyways, while making our way to the cashier, I heard series of laughters from one of the aisles. Angel saw them too and that's when she started to get weird.

"W-we need to go this way," she said in a shaky voice. She quickly turned around and tried to drag me but I wouldn't let myself move. I glared at her with a raised questioning eyebrow. My glare seemed to have added the tension she was feeling because I could feel her hands were also shaking. Her palms went cold real fast.

"Do you know those guys?" I questioned her in a serious tone.

"N-no," she wryly laugh which was really suspicious. "Do you?" She questioned back.

I sighed. "As a matter of fact... Yes."

Not exactly though. If I remember it correctly, two of the guys we were currently gawking at goes to my school. One was named Paul, and the skimpier one was CJ or something...

No. Wait. I remember.

CK. The name was CK.

Speaking of CK, he just glanced our way which I presume was accidental. I saw his face distort. His wide laughing grin closed shut and he whispered something to the Paul guy. Then, all four of them turned their heads to my direction. And they all swiveled around right after.

I am someone who doesn't really care about people I have no business with, but the way Angel acted got my attention. My eyes followed the four boys go straight to the glass door and exited the establishment. Once they were out of sight, I caught Angel heave a loud sigh.

"Alright. Spit it out," I said. I started walking back to the aisle where we got the alcohol drinks from.

"Spit what out?-- And why are you returning those booze?!!" Her nose scrunched. It does that when she's angry, I noted. Just like how Jenny's nose would scrunch when she's angry.

I kept my face stoic as I stared down at her. "You want to tell me something?"

"I told you no," she scorned turning around. With gnashing teeth, I grabbed her arm and forced her to turn back around to face me.

"You do not turn your back on me," I scowled with clenching jaws, and my hand squishing her arm. She winced in pain while trying to shove her arm free but it was a fail. I held my grip on her arm, tighter and tighter everytime she tried to move. She started making tiny squeaks but still I had no plans to.

I'd break her bones if she doesn't tell me anything.

"L-let go of me," she whimpered. My eyebrows remained frowning.

"Angel.." I grunted. She couldn't keep her eyes on me. Her pupils were doing its best to avoid making eye contact which just confirmed my hunch that something really was going on. I didn't immediately realized that I was already twisting her arm until she let out a shrieky squeal.

I blinked my eyes and my jaw dropped. I quickly freed her arm, while I ran my free hand through my hair. However, I didn't really feel like saying sorry.

Angel massaged her arm while she looked at me with horror in her eyes. She even took a step backward, I noted. I stared at her, but then she quickly evaded my stare.