Chapter 9

"Noah," I called out in a quiet low whisper.

He was still walking back and forth, left to right while talking, smirking, and scolding himself. He would run his fingers along his messy black hair momentarily, clutching a handful as if he's trying to pluck out his own hair from his head.

I noticed he was beginning to do sobbing sounds too, sniffing and licking his lower lip in an anxious manner.

He still couldn't seem to hear me calling his name. Feeling worried, I remained standing in front of the doorcase while my eyes trailed his every move with full concern.

When he squatted down, and I saw him punch his own face, that's when I had the urge to move towards him. He punched his fist on his own jaw once again before I managed to grasp hold of his wrist.

"Noah stop! What are you doing?!" I yelled while stopping him from hurting himself. I squeezed his wrist tightly as he squirmed to escape.

"Let go of me!" He sobbed. His eyes were flooded with tears. His lower eyelids were beginning to get puffy red.

He tried to hit himself with his other hand but I shove it away successfully with my free hand. As a way to calm him down I locked him up between an embrace.

Now we were both sitting on the floor with my arms circled around him.

The door slammed open and Aunt Clare entered with Mrs. Emily, including my sister trailing from behind. I looked back at them with a confused and worried face while making sure not to let Noah escape from my embrace. Luckily, he was already staring to cool down.

He rested his head on my shoulder while sobbing. He circled his arms around my waist and I continued caressing his back in order to calm him down.

"Noah. Not again," I heard Mrs. Emily utter as she marched towards Noah, who was breathing in and out heavily against my chest.

With a baffled raised eyebrow, I asked her about what she meant by not again.

But instead of answering me with concrete words, she only shook her head and lifted Noah up with her arms.

"What happened?" Aunt Clare questioned, her face marked with worry. Angel was hiding behind Aunt Clare, snuggling her arms around our Aunt's forearm.

I stood up and assisted Mrs. Emily in placing Noah on the bed. For some reason, Noah fell unconscious. I don't know if he passed out or if he just became tired with what he was doing... Especially his crying. But he's unconscious. However, his face was still stormed with his tears.

Mrs. Emily sighed and kneaded her temple. "I guess I should have warned you about Noah."

Arching my eyebrows in confusion, I asked her: "What do you mean?"

I slowly stood up as well after Mrs Emily replied. "Let's talk downstairs. Noah needs to sleep."

I bit my lower lip and nodded. Aunt Clare went ahead downstairs with Angel. Mrs. Emily followed. Before deciding to go downstairs as well, I decided to take one more quick glance at Noah who was now peacefully taking a rest on my bed.

I stared at him as he slept. And at the same time took the liberty to admire such admiring facial features.

Ever since we were kids, Noah had always had that admirable features. Pale skin, black hair, dark emotionless eyes. He looks even better when he's sleeping... Since his terrifying aura was no longer surrounding him.

Then an image of what happened earlier appeared in my head. The way we kissed down to the way he caressed my skin. I suddenly began to feel hot in an uncomfortable way.