Part 4, Chapter 5 (16 years old)

I'm sorry this is taking so long, for one, I waited to collect some truths and dares, and if this year is any indication, I do more writing in the school year. Fortunately, school started. This only took a bit cause I wrote my Omasai first, and because I run cross country, and it's the middle of the season.

Collected Truths/dares

Thanks to all who contributed truths or dares!!!

Gundham: Are you vegan? X

Kazuichi: Slap somebody random X

Fuyuhiko: Whisper a dirty pickup line to Peko X

Peko: Scream "I am the Mastermind and I will kill you all!" X

Kazuichi: Go on a roller coaster X

Peko and Fuyuhiko: Make out.  X

Kazuichi: Kiss a random guy X

Fuyuhiko: Go to a hotdog stand, squirt all the sauces into your hand, and eat them all X

Gundham: Three best moments of your life? XXX

Well, it's about time I start writing, huh? I'm making this part a little different. Instead of making sure I write a certain amount, I'm gonna see how few words I can use to squeeze all these dares and truths into. 

Gundham's POV

I was the last to arrive, along with my devas. The front entrance was a swarm of tourists, taking pictures in front of signs and clipped hedges. It reminded me of where my mother and I's house was, a little secluded hut outside of town. The hedges there can hardly be called hedges, they were really just bushes. I used to pretend they were hedges though- when I was a little kid, and I used to come home from school, I would pretend to be the prince of the castle, and that there was good food in the oven, and I remember one day, when my mother came up behind me with a loaf of bread- good bread, not warm, but delicious. We sat there in the yard, eating bread, drinking cheap tea, just laughing. That was one of the best moments of my life. It took me back to the day I met Fuyuhiko and Peko- Another one of the best moments of my life. 

Peko made her way towards the me. "Whatcha got there?" She asked pointing to my hand. I shrugged.

"I found him earlier. I'm gonna take care of him." The my hand unfurled around a small baby rat.

"Can I pet him! He's so cute!" Fuyuhiko said.

"I actually think it's a she." I said. "But you can pet her!"

The rat's fur was soft and smooth.

"By the way," I said, "my name is Gundham Tanaka."

I scanned the crowd for my friends, finally finding them. It was a sight to behold. Peko and Fuyuhiko were making out, while Kazuichi tried to film them. He just got the middle finger from Fuyuhiko. 

"Gundham!" Kazuichi leapt up and ran in my direction... past me...? He came up behind a different guy in a black sweater in kissed him on the cheek. 

The guy whirled around. "The f-"

Kazuichi slapped him and ran away, hiding his face under his hat, yelling. "I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else!"

And that was how witnessing my boyfriend kiss another guy became one of the best moments of my life. 

I went to bench where Fuyuhiko and Peko were continuing a session that was.. disturbing at best

"If it's true that we are what we eat, then I could be you by morning." I heard Fuyuhiko whisper.

I turned red and poked Peko. The turned away from each other. 

"Hey Gundham." She turned to Kazuichi and Fuyuhiko. "Let's get going."

Our first stop was a game, one of those fake shoot-outs. 

"Let me go first!" Said Kazuichi. He took his place at the dart gun and began. Let's just say I would hate to be those two cardboard targets he actually managed to get. 

Peko went next. She stood with her hands braced on the gun, intent on destroying her targets. One after the other, they were knocked back. "I AM THE MASTERMIND AND I WILL KILL YOU ALL!" She screeched, her red eyes flaming with irrational rage.

"H-How about you calm down and we eat some hotdogs?" Kazuichi sounded afraid.

Peko was still breathing hard when we approached the hotdog stand. Everyone else got their food.

"Gundham, are you gonna eat anything?" Fuyuhiko asked me.

I shrugged. "I'm vegetarian. I'll just get a pretzel or something."

"You could eat the sauces..."

"Just the sauce?" I asked.

"Just the sauce." Fuyuhiko walked up to the hotdog stand and squirted all the sauces- ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, ranch, and barbeque into his hand and ate them all. He wretched and projectile vomited into a nearby trashcan.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He made a face. "Nope, not really."

I laughed. "I think I'll still stick to a pretzel."

"Good plan."

I bought myself a pretzel and refused to share with anyone but my four dark devas of destruction. Fuyuhiko dragged us onto one of the roller coasters.

"I really don't like these things..." Kazuichi said.

"I don't either, you'll be fine." I said.

Kazuichi was not fine. 

Story word count- 669 words