Part 2, Chapter 7 (10 years old)

"We need you to kill your mother."

I spun to face Daiya. "I can't!" I spluttered. My... mother? There's no way.

"Well, your girlfriend here can't last long without food. If you want to keep her alive, you end your mother. It's a choice. Choose correctly. But remember, there are other ways. If Peko here dies, we can always nab anyone else. Your friends, your little sister, hell, even your dog."

I made up my mind easily. "Alright." I said. What's your deadline?"

Daiya smiled. "Mobster to the core, Huh? Well, the deadline is whenever you want us to feed Peko and consider releasing her. I don't care how you do it, just get it done."

I nodded and left. He let me go. With Peko as a hostage, I couldn't do anything.

I came home, nervous of what my family would say that considering how late it was and that Peko wasn't with me. But the house seemed empty.  I didn't see anyone around. But I'm too tired to question it. So tired.. and I have a job to do in the morning.

Monokuma Theatre

Monokuma: Comic relief is just a sham. It just delays the action. Makes you wait for it. It builds suspense. Comic relief is what makes media so stressful these days. There's just too much comedy in between good old action and despair. The author put this here for comic relief, but you will just want to know what Fuyuhiko will do. Well he really kill his mother? Does he have a plan? Is he going to bust Peko out with the rest of the yakuza backing him up? The suspense builds as half-assed jokes are crashed at the expense of everyone. Its never ending. This Monokuma theatre but could go on forever. As far as your concerned it will. Just on and on and on. Well that's finally it for Monokuma theatre!

Fuyuhiko's POV

I woke up with a start. I don't remember any bad dreams, just my eyelids wrenching themselves open. I checked the alarm clock- 3:57 am. I got myself out of bed and made a sudden choice. After checking the calendar my parents keep, I realized my dad would be driving Natsumi to practice at 1. That would leave time to... kill my mom. What a sick family we are.

I still needed a plan, though. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife or if the drawer, not the knife block, so they wouldn't know it was missing. I went back to my room.

That's when something unexpected happened. I broke down. Tears flooded from my eyes and I was unable to stop them. How am I supposed to do this? I cried for my mom, and for Peko, and for my dad and my sister, and... for me. Why did this happen? Who could do this? Why? Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?WHYYY!!!??! I just continued to sob, hoping I didn't wake anyone up. This sucks. Peko is somewhere, tired up and hurt, thirsty and hungry with no idea where she is or who has her. And the only one who can save Peko is me. I have to do it. Because when we first met, I told her something.

Everyone needs protecting from something

And now, Peko needs me. I didn't know it but I made a promise. To Peko, my protector, my friend, and the girl I... loved?

What was that? Loved? Loved?!? I don't love Peko like that, what was I thinking? I can't love Peko like that! No way, not in a million years. She's not even supposed to be my friend.

I thought and cried and thought and cried and thought and cried all through the night. Until I heard people below me. It's Saturday. My parents will be busy with business, they might not even realize Peko is gone. I don't want to go down, of face my family before what I'm about to do.

I was hungry- not as hungry as Peko must be. I thought, spitefully. His could I be hungry when she was enduring god knows what at the mercy of some highschool gangsters who think they're all that.

I sat, staring at the knife blankly. Then  1:00 rolled around and I heard a car door slam outside. It's just me and my mom, now.

I began to creep downstairs with the knife, eager to get the deed over with. Mom was sitting on the couch. I ducked under a coffee table and got the perfect angle. I made too that with the knife. I jab- I can't do it. I can't do it. It's what makes me soft, I know, but I can't do it. I can't- the knife slid through my mother's abdomen like butter. Warm blood soaked my knife hand, getting in all the crevices between my fingers, starting my palms. If felt good.

Then I opened my eyes. My mother is dead. Killed by... me? I sat and stared, unsure of what I had just done. A million regrets flooded me. A million things I could've done to prevent this.

But for some reason, I couldn't cry. Or scream. I was just paralyzed. My legs walked themselves to the sink. My bangs washed the knife and out it back in the drawer while my mind was blank. Then, my legs pulled me up the stairs to wait for my father to get home.

In a Yakuza family, this will just pass as another hit. The danger of being Yakuza is always being reminded. Nothing here well be new. Just my grief.

I curled up and sat on the floor in my room. Then, I heard a car and voices. My sister and my dad. Then, I felt awful. How could I have done this to them?

This is no time for a pity party. I straightened and made myself get over it. Tonight I would get Peko back. Everything will be okay.

How was it? I went right into it this time because I left myself on a cliffhanger too, I guess. If you liked it, please vote! If not, please leave a comment with idea or suggestions. Thanks!