Part 2, Chapter 4, (10 years old)

***WARNING***: Abuse and Rape (touched upon but never in detail.) If these things make you uncomfortable, you can go find something else fluffy or skip the flashback. It is in all italics so once you get there, just skip it. There will be a summary of what happened in bold.  

Thanks for all your support.

Fuyuhiko's POV

The morning went as always. Today though, it's Valentine's Day. A big day. Because, I'm finally going to tell Peko how I feel. I was mostly silent this morning, trying to work up my courage. I blew a thousand opportunities walking to school. I have to make a move... besides... if what Byakuya said is true then... I have less time than I would be comfortable with.

"Hey, Peko!" I said. "Any Valentine's day plans?" I asked. The perfect way to keep it cool and be subtle. I'm doing fine. On point.

"I'm going to school..." She said.

"Yeah," I probed, "but anything special for a special someone?"

Peko looked a little confused. "No." She said. I thanked the lords.

Peko's POV

Fuyuhiko keeps trying to get information out of me. He doesn't know that I know about his plans. I just keep telling him what he wants to hear. No, I'm not asking anyone out, we're 10 anyway, why would you do that, all that stuff. Fuyuhiko gradually got redder and redder. We were  getting close to the school. His interrogation may be over soon.

"Hey Peko," Fuyuhiko said, "Why do skunks love Valentine's Day?"

A joke, huh. "I don't know."

"They're very scent-imental creatures." Fuyuhiko said with a smile. He was obviously proud of that one.

I laughed a bit. "That's, such a bad joke."

"Hey, it came from the heart." Fuyuhiko pouted and we both laughed some more.

Byakuya's POV

Peko was getting closer to the school. I clutched the roses and chocolate in my hand. That was when, I realized, she wasn't alone. Fuyuhiko was with her. They were both laughing. I'm too late. I dropped the rose in trash. I almost did the same with the chocolate, but decided to first eat it. I had already wasted enough money. That was when I broke down in tears. I hid under a picnic table, shivering from the February cold. I don't want anyone to every see me like this. I am going to be the heir to the Togami family someday, the first youngest brother to take the crown.

A/N if that doesn't make sense to you, I'll give you a quick rundown of the Togami family, but be warned that it's kind of messed up. So the head of the company has no designated wife, the just have a bunch of children all over the world with a bunch of different people. Then the kids all have some sort of showdown. The winner inherits the company and the others are all exiled from the family, a date they consider worse than death. To live as a... plebeian (middle class citizen with a house with a picket fence, 2 1/2 kids, and a dog.) Shuddering with fear over here.

I calmed myself down and waited for my face to return to its normal color. Then I walked to class with my normal cool composure. I picked up a book and started to read before the teacher walked in. As class started, the only hint that I was upset was a small broken heart drawn in the corner margin of my notes. 

Fuyuhiko's POV

The recess bell rang. Gundham, Keebo, Peko, and I all went outside into the cold. I prepared to pull the small teddy bear with a heart out from under my coat. 

"Hey, Peko," I said. Suddenly, I had a panic attack. We're only ten, why the heck am I doing this? This was a bad idea. What if she rejects me and says something about being a tool?

"Yeah?" she turned to me. It's too late to turn back, but I can't do this. Then I have an idea. 

"I got you this. As a friend. You're a great friend to me, if you didn't already know." I said, pulling out the bear. Peko smiled.

"Thank you young master, but you much refrain from calling me friend. I am nothing more than a tool." She took the bear anyway though.

"I hate it when you say that. You mean so much more to me." I said.

"It's true. Last time we were friends, it didn't end well."

flashback time yeet (this is in Peko's POV). If the stuff in the warning makes you uncomfortable, skip to the bolded section.

I walked into the dining room, alone. Fuyuhiko's father was there. He turned to me and made a sick little smile. "I hear you're getting a little too close to my son." he said.

"Huh?" I asked. too close? What's going on. Mr. Kuzuryuu laid a hand on my shoulder.

"That's a mistake I won't allow you to repeat." He slapped me across the face. "Ever." He did something... strange... after that. I still don't understand it. He kept doing it. I begged him to stop. Throughout the whole thing, he kept saying, "You're just a tool, just a tool, just a tool." It hurt. I screamed for him to stop. He just covered my mouth. After an eternity, he stopped and zipped up his pants. 

"If you ever tell anyone what happened here, I'll do it again." He said, "And we wouldn't want that. So you better be just a tool, to him, and that's it." I nodded vigorously and he allowed me to leave. 

Okay, friends, those who chose to skip the flashback should just know that Mr. Kuzuryuu raped Peko and told her that if she ever acted like more than a tool again or told someone what happened, he would do it again.

Peko's POV

"Last time? What Happened?" Fuyuhiko asked.

I couldn't  tell him. I had to think something up. "I... allowed you to get hurt. You could've been killed by that Mondo boy." Score. Perfect lie.

"Peko, that wasn't your fault. You were sick, you had to stay home." I hung my head and we caught up to Gundham and Keebo. The rest of recess went  by, laughing and having fun. 

But, why hadn't Fuyuhiko asked me out? I would be in big trouble if he did, already would be for accepting his friendship bear.  

Time Skip, They're getting home from school. 

 Fuyuhiko dashed upstairs and I went into the kitchen to unpack. Fuyuhiko's father was waiting for me. "Anything happen?" He asked.

I made a little confused face to convince him. "No." I said.

Fuyuhiko's father punched me in the gut and I doubled over, seeing stars. "Keep it that way." He said and left.

 Thank you. I'm sorry about all the stuff that went down in this chapter, especially if it made you uncomfortable. I want to say it will never happen again, but even with all my planning, I honestly don't know exactly what lies in Fuyuhiko and Peko's futures. I can say it won't happen again in part 2, except for maybe a slight reference to that incident. Thanks for your support and sorry for all the A/N's in the chapter... which I'm apologizing for in an A/N... Please vote if you liked it, and if not, leave a comment telling me how to improve! I'm always looking for suggestions! Thanks!