Part 3, Chapter 11 (13 years old)

You may have noticed there were issues in my last part. I may have found the cause. It seems our best goodest friend ever has become aware in the fic, if you haven't figured it out yet. As the author, I have a few options. Number 1: stop writing Gundham and cease his existance in the AU. Number 2: As the author, I have complete control over the story. This means one thing I could do is cause amnesia for Gundham. This would require a head injury and he would also loose other memories. There is also a risk for them to come back, causing him to be aware again. Number 3: Speak directly to Gundham and ask what he needs to live a happy life as an aware character in my fic. I think the best solution is the third option, even though he may ask me to cease his existence. I can do this. The only problem is, I'm not in the story. I will have to use another character as a tool to do this. Sorry Peko, no tooling for you, because I've decided to use Kazuichi. Only because I wrote Gundham as being extremely gay for him, and although Gundham can speak through the story, I don't think he's developed enough to change his own character... let's give this a shot. 

Kazuichi's POV

I walked up to Gundham before school. He was looking around, aware. "Hey, Gundham!" I said. Gundham turned bright red. 

"K-kazuichi! W-what's up?" The phrase sounded foreign in Gundham's vocabulary.

"This is the author speaking to you directly. It has become obvious that you are aware. I came to ask if I can do anything to help you live a good life in the fic." I said. I had no idea what I was saying. the words just flowed from my mouth. 

"What do I want? I don't know. I can't tell if I want to just stop being here. I guess the biggest problem is that when you're not writing about me, I'm frozen the last place you wrote me. Can you fix that?"

"What the fuc-" I barely squeaked out before more words spilled from my mouth. "I can give you a task to perform when I'm not, or I can transfer you to your own fic. I can't make you a real person. I would give you your own fic but I'm writing two right now and I can barely keep up with updates on that many... I'll just give you tasks until this fic ends, and then you can get your own, okay?"

Gundam spoke again. "That sounds good. When do you think this fic will end?"

What. Is. Happening. "That depends. I may end it when you guys go into the neo world program, or I can do an aftermath of the sim. It's up to my readers if you they want it to continue. I'd really like their feedback on the issue. And uh- I'd ask Kazuichi out while you have the chance. He likes you back."

The part of me that was still me blushed.

"New World? Sim? What are you talking about?"

"Dude, how'd I get here?" I asked. I woke up on the other side of the room, talking to Gundham.

"Kazuichi?" He asked.

"Yeah... is somethin' wrong?" I asked.

Gundham sighed. "You wanna... go out sometime?" I asked the big question.

"Like a date?" I asked. Does he mean that? Really?

"Yeah..." Gundham said, diverting his eyes.

"Hell yeah! I mean... sure. But as far as anyone else knows, I'm straight." I said.

Gundham smiled. "Sounds good."

Gundham went home and feed and played with his pets for the rest of the day, went to bed that night, woke up feeling great, and got ready for school.

Fuyuhiko's POV

I sat with my cheek rested on my hand, hardly listening to my teacher drone on. The only thing in my mind was the pile of homework building up and I went from class to class. Something for history, something for English, a crap ton for algebra, the cycle continues.

Hey hey hey guys guys guys I had an idea. I'm gonna make a discord server for this fic. There aren't a ton of you guys so there won't be too many members. The link will be posted at the end of this part as well as in a few other random parts so more people can join. Tbh I kinda just want to have a server, but I also wanna meet you guys! Sound fun? I'm sorry for interrupting you Fuyuhiko, continue.

I doodled on my paper, a weird swirly thing with something that looked like a cluster of berries in the middle, then a little bear with one weird eye, and then a ton of squiggles.

"And the answer to number 13 is, Mr. Kuzuryuu...." I snapped back into reality as the teacher called my name.

I glanced at the science textbook, looking for number thirteen. "A." I said. It was either that or C. I wasn't quite sure.

"Good." The teacher then explaining the question in more detail. I survived yet another class.

"Hey Keebo!" I said. "Do the ghost trick!"

"Fine." He said.

"Students, close your books. We're done for today and you can all go home." The teachers voice called out.

There were shouts and cheers and the sound of textbooks slamming.

"Hey, wait!" I laughed as the teacher was barely heard over the cacophony of students. She began to turn towards Keebo.

Shoot. He sucks at lying and I'm not gonna let him get in trouble. "Keebo, are you responsible for this?" She asked.

"Of course not!" I jumped in before he could respond. "It's extremely robophobic of you to think it was him just because he's a robot!" I said. Keebo looked at me stunned.

"I'm quite sorry." The teacher turned away and we both laughed.

"Nice one." I gave him a slap on the back and left school a little early that day.

" I gave him a slap on the back and left school a little early that day

Here's a sketch of Fuyuhiko in class!

https://discord.gg/63EfxfS

This fic has a server! Please join! I want to meet you!