Part 3, Chapter 6 (13 years old)

sassysquatch11 inspired this part! Check her out! A great IRL friend of mine! Thanks for all your votes and comments! It makes me really happy and you guys don't know this but you really mean the world to me!

Keebo's POV

"Are you going to the dance?" I asked Gundham.

"Hell no." He said, without hesitation.

"Oh, come on!" I said. "It'll be fun!"

"Yeah for you. You might actually get a date." Gundham said, sulking.

"A date? Who!" I was now legitimately I interested.

'Have you not seen the way she looks at you? Even in apathetic immortal such myself can see she likes you."

"Who? Who is it, Gundham?" If he doesn't tell me I'll-

"I can't tell you." I made a frustrated face. "Just look a little harder, you'll see it."

I groaned and entered the English classroom. I tried to learn, but Gundham's words adhered to my mind like an insect on flypaper. Who could it be? My mind came up blank.

(Okay Sassysquatch there's your K1-B0 time)

Fuyuhiko's POV

There she is. Peko Pekoyama. Goddammit why does everyone have to be taller than me... okay. I'm going to ask her. I'm really gonna do it. We kissed at the mall, and in the woods, and now we're finally gonna face our feelings. All I gotta do is start the talk. Easy. I'll start with 'do you wanna go to the dance with me?' Then she'll say yes? Then at the dance we'll talk more about us. Easy. I began to walk towards Peko.

Nope never mind can't do it not gonna happen no way uh uh not in a million years- "Hey, Peko!"

What am I doing fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Don't go any farther, don't ask her-

"Do you wanna go to the dance with me?"

Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes...

I then noticed she looked a little scared. "I want to but... your father would not approve." She seemed genuinely dissapointed.

"Pssh." I surprised myself with my own arrogance. "What he doesn't know can't hurt him. Besides, if I go, you have to be around me at all times anyway. Might as well."

God I hope that works please please please.

Peko smiled mischievously. "You got yourself a date." We split up and went to our separate classes.

Oh my god she yes. Did she really like me, or feel bad for me, or something else. Is she doing this to be a tool? I hope she really feels this way for me but I just get this nagging feeling...

Whatever. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter at all. I have a date I have a date I have a date!

Little later that day...

"I have a date!" I said.

"How did a being such as yourself acquire such a rare and prized possession?". Gundham seemed shocked. I was less than flattered.

"I asked." 

"It's Peko, isn't it?" He was onto me faster than I thought.

"Yeah..." I said. We both knew she'd do whatever I told her to do. "Are you going to ask someone?"

He gave me a look. "The girls here are nothing but mortal idiots." He didn't even look my way.

"And the boys?" I teased.

"Gch- Uh..."

yeet gay tension let's go

I laughed. "No one's judg-"

"I'M NOT GAY!" He yelled. The entire room turned silent and Gundham's face flushed bright red. He tried to hide it. Tried. 

Keebo chimed in from behind, "You might not be gay, but you could be-"

"I'm straight!" He protested.

"As a limp noodle." I said. Keebo laughed and Gundham got even angrier.

"SOMEDAY WHEN BLOOD RUNS THROUGH THESE RIVERS AND THE SOULS OF THE TORUTURED ARE YOU ONLY COMPANY, YOU WILL FEEL PAIN AND I WILL FEEL THE INTENSE SATISFACTION OF REVENGE!" Typical Gundham.

"Sure buddy." I patted his arm with a sympathetic look and walked away. 

The day of the dance...

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!"

"What's going on?" I asked Peko.

"Ibuki bought 12 pixie sticks and she's eating them all without stopping!" We could barely think it was so loud. 

"Go, go, go, go, go, go!" I joined the chant.

A few minutes later, Ibuki finished and she was HIGH on that sugar. High as fuck.

"Paper for all!!!!!!!!" She showered the crowd in pixie stick wrappers and then ran through, pushing people out of the way. "IBUKI IS HAPPY!" She yelled and kicked the wall. "THAT HURT IBUKI'S FOOT!"

"We can see..." Peko and I tried to hold her back and get her under control, but she ran outside before we could.

"Wait!" Peko yelled.

Ibuki yeeted herself several feet into a pile of leaves, screaming.

There's your yeet, sassysquatch.

We rushed forward and grabbed her by the arms, pulling her out. "You've had enough sugar, why don't you run a couple laps around the school and come back when you crash, alright?" Peko made it sound so nice...

"Ibuki will run one hundred laps!" She said exuberantly, before breaking away and dashing off.

"Who thought it was a good idea to give her so many pixie sticks?" I asked Peko.

"Hiyoko." She said, rolling her eyes.

"God that girl is a monster." I said. "But she does have a sense of humor."

Peko laughed her beautiful laugh and I laughed along. "I'm surprised she didn't eat them all though."

"Well, I guess she knew it would be a lot more fun to get Ibuki on a sugar high." Peko speculated.

"Fun, huh?"

We walked for a bit silently. Then I got an idea. A risky idea, but an idea. butterflies did circles in my stomach as I bravely reached up and grasped her hand. To my surprise, she took it in hers. We walked inside. I was grinning ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat, my face a lovely shade of bright pink. 

And as for the rest of the dance- there was no slow dance. Nothing else happened. The highlight was by far her hand in mine as we walked together. But don't get me wrong- it was one hell of a highlight. 

FizzyQuake made this amazing sketch of Fuyuhiko and Peko

FizzyQuake made this amazing sketch of Fuyuhiko and Peko... anyone remember the roly poly? If anyone wants to make an art I'd really appreciate it! It doesn't have to be current- anything that happened! Just message me and I'll put it in!

Please vote if you enjoyed! If not, let me know how to improve!