Part 2, Chapter 1 (10 years old)

Fuyuhiko's POV

Peko tossed me a training sword. I swung it and took my starting stance. Peko smiled.

"Fuyuhiko," she said, "how many times have I told you? Keep your back straight."

"Right." I corrected my stance and we fought slowly, one strike after another, paced so I would never be too overwhelmed. It made Peko happy just to make me a little overwhelmed though. That's why I was always on the defense somehow.

"Don't wait for my sword to hit, party it as soon as I start my attack." Peko gave me instructions as we fought. I did what she said.

We trained the test of the morning, then I went back to my room to make it look like I got up at 7:30. If my parents knew I'd been waking up to train with Peko, there would be consequences for both of us.

I came out, ate breakfast, and left for school. Peko and I had pancakes. We sat across the table from each other, both ravenous from our training session. I made a face. Peko smiled, but her face soon returned to its usual stoic glare.

She had been acting that way recently. As though she actually were my tool. It scared me. But what scares me most are the scared looks between her and my father and the cuts on her body I pretend not to see when we're fighting. It made me sad, but I knew interfering would be even more dangerous than doing nothing. My dad would pay for what he was doing to Peko someday. Someday, Peko and I would kill him. And there would be despair... but was despair always bad? Yakuza were always in the business of despair, to be honest.

We left for school, walking the same route we always did. Peko looked down at the sidewalk and smiled. I followed her gaze... another pill bug. Once was enough. That encounter left me bruised for weeks.

"Don't pick it up again." I said jokingly.

"Of course Fuyuhiko." Peko's tone was complacent, but her face fell.

"Jeez," I said, "whatever happened to Hiko? You're so much more serious now. What about the good ol days?" I smiled.

"A tool cannot be so intimate with her young master." Peko's face was blank, textbook Kuzuryuu training. My father would pay.

"But you're not a tool to me, Peko." Peko blocked out my words, suddenly fascinated with the pebbles in the sidewalk.

Peko wouldn't stop insisting this. I couldn't get through to her. I would though. It didn't matter how many online forums I have to visit, I will fix Peko. My Peko. That's all I want. I just need my Peko back.

Time skip! To the tardis! It's now lunch! Time for a section with everyone's favorite breeder who thinks he's from hell cause no one excepted him cause every character in Danganronpa has a freaking complex I can't even handle, like Fuyuhiko is the only normal one is SDR2. Okay my rant is over now. Enjoy the story I probably just ruined.

"Hey Gundham." I said, sitting next to him.

"What's up humans?" He said.

"Are you comparing us to your animals or yourself?" I asked.

"Both. I have discovered my true identity as the lord of ice, a true demon from the true hell." Gundham laughed triumphantly.

"Oh boy, here we go again. Would you like me to detain him, young master?" Peko moved to draw her sword.

"What the frick Peko? Gundham is friend can you guys just hold it together? And for the last time, don't call me young master." We both say silently. I tossed Gundham an apple, and he snatched it out of midair.

"Nice catch." I said.

"Thanks." Gundham replied. He tossed the some up and bounced it off his elbow

Peko reflexively and smoothly ricocheted it off her knee. We played hackey sack with the apple for a while. Gundham and Peko were both legends. I had A successfully hit. It was fun anyway. Gundham must have gotten hungry, because he caught the apple and took a huge bite out of it. We all smiled and sat down, laughing. Maybe my Peko isn't gone after all.

Let's do the time warp again!!!! Okay yep they just got home from school. Take one, action!

Peko and I placed our bags on the counter.

My sister Natsumi came down the stairs. "How was boring old school with your girlfriend?" Natsumi giggled. As the heir to the clan, Natsumi has a tutor to teach her everything she needs- and doesn't need- to know.

"I assure you, going master and I have no romantic relation." Peko spoke quickly. We both turned beet red.

"Your words say no, but your faces both say yes." Natsumi taunted us and giggled between her fingers. She made a kissing face before turning up the stairs and leaving.

Peko and I didn't talk much that afternoon. It would have been awkward. I sat in my room and played on my Wii. Mario made me aggravated in a matter of minutes and I switched to karaoke. Our rooms were all soundproof for... Yakuza reasons.

"Hey I just met you, and this crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe."

Natsumi's POV

I snickered and pointed the video camera closer to the door. Fuyuhiko was hilarious when no one was watching. The best part would be his face when he saw the video... and everyone else's faces.

"Natsumi!" Fuyuhiko yelled.

Crap, he caught me. I thought.

"Delete that!" He said.

"Oh I will." I said. "After I show everyone."

Fuyuhiko lunged for me. A cold hard metal touched my skin. I looked up in shock at Peko, her sword tip pressed up against the base of my neck.

"Peko!" Fuyuhiko yelled. "Let Natsumi go!"

The sword lowered.

"I'm sorry." Peko said. "I thought she was threatening you."

Fuyuhiko had a look in his eyes that told me he had an idea. "Actually Peko..." he said. His gaze was conniving. "Get that video camera."

Peek came forward with the sword in hand. I have up the camera without much fight. Fuyuhiko took it and smashed it.

I walked away and yawned. But I wondered; how can Fuyuhiko tell her she's not a tool, when he uses her as one?

Thanks for reading! Happy Superbowl!