Part 2, Chapter 5

Hey guys sorry about all the author's notes I write. I once again apologize in an A/N. So um... last time I put in a lot of heavier stuff and it got a lot of votes really fast... which is a little disturbing. You all should know that you voted for child rape. But thanks anyway. So I've a couple of theories as to why though, and that's the least likely one. If you think this should become a little more serious (don't worry childs, never smut) then please let me know.

Peko's POV

"C'mere Hershey." I said, beckoning. The dog ran toward me and tried to lick my face. I held her hand back in my hands while she snuggled up against me. I wanted to pet her number took both my hands to keep her tongue away from my face. "Good girl, Hershey."

Natsumi came over and began stroking the coarse, coffee colored fur on Hershey's back. I hugged her face to my chest to stop her licking efforts and held her in a hug.

"How's your day, Peko?" Natsumi is always nice- or at least civil to me.

"Fine." Not much to say. today had been a lazy Saturday.

"How's it going with Fuyuhiko?" Natsumi asked, her eyes cold. She was curious, but mostly being mean to me covertly.

"Huh?" It was about the most unexpected thing she could've said. My face flushed and I turned away. "What do you mean?"

"Oh come on." Natsumi said, impatiently. "You two obviously like each other."

"No we don't!" I protested. But the words I had overheard Fuyuhiko saying the day before Valentine's day rung in my ears. Maybe- maybe just a little bit- I liked Fuyuhiko. I could never say anything about it. His father would do... that to me again.

"Sure you don't." Natsumi didn't believe me, but she didn't say anything else.

We kept there, snuggling the dog. She seemed to prefer Natsumi to me. Animals never liked me, though.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you about something else." Natsumi seemed a little nervous.

"What?" I was legitimately caught off guard.

"I was wondering if... if you would be comfortable with me letting Fuyuhiko inherit the clan." She said.

"What!" I exclaimed. That was a crazy thing to do. Inheriting the clan is the highest honor. "But why? And why are you asking me?"

"I just don't want to be in charge. I asked you because... your protector duties would become more intense. You would probably have to train more, work harder. You yourself would become the protector to the head of the clan... have almost as much training and preparation as Fuyuhiko would."

"I understand." I said. "I'm fine with it. Have you asked Fuyuhiko?"

Natsumi sighed. "Not yet. But I will. I hope he says yes. As much as he doesn't believe he can do it, he has what it takes."

"Alright." Big news. I hope the adults don't put up much of a fight.

Time skip to lunch! Everyone is eating together because family. DON'T QUESTION IT.

Natsumi looked nervous as she sat down for lunch. We began to eat, rather silently.

Suddenly, Natsumi spoke up. "I have an announcement to make."  No one said anything. We all looked up in silence. I have her an encouraging smile to continue.

"I will be relinquishing inheritance of the clan to Fuyuhiko." She said, calmly.

Mr. Kuzuryuu tightened his grip on his fork angrily. Mrs. Kuzuryuu smiled slightly and seemed proud of Natsumi for backing out of something she didn't want instead of succumbing to pressure. Fuyuhiko was just dumbfounded.

"What?" Fuyuhiko said. "Why? I'm too weak." He didn't understand.

"Having a sweet tooth and emotions doesn't make you weak. It makes you strong enough to withstand the pressure to eliminate these things in yourself. Besides, we both know you want the title someday." Natsumi said. She is truly wise beyond her years sometimes.

Fuyuhiko blushed. "Not now, Hershey." He pushed at something under the table that must have been her head, resting on his lap, begging for food.

"This is unacceptable." Said Mr. Kuzuryuu. "Take this back right now, Natsumi."

"No. I don't want the title. I won't take it. Isn't that what you always say being a Yakuza is about? Taking what you want and leaving what you don't?" She countered.

"Fine." Fuyuhiko's father was still visibly angry.

"I think it's great for both of you." Said Fuyuhiko's mother. "We ought to go out to celebrate. Decide where you both want to go for dinner."

Natsumi and Fuyuhiko looked at each other and said in sync, "Hanamura Diner."

Good choice. I thought. Hanamura dinner had some of the best food you've ever tasted... and free ice-cream with the kids meals.

"I guess it's settled then." Fuyuhiko's father said, reluctantly.

Time skip! After they got home from dinner. (Sorry but I'm too lazy to write a diner scene)

"Peko." Fuyuhiko's father stopped me. "You know what this means, right? You're going to have to work harder, longer, and faster. You are as much accepting this role as Fuyuhiko is. And above all,  you must avoid being his friend. Only for your and his safety." For once, there was genuine concern in his eyes.

"Okay." I said, with conviction. I meant it.

Then he left, and I went up to bed. I put on pajamas, brushed my teeth, and went to sleep.

Monokuma Theatre

Because I'm bored.

Monokuma: Ya ever wonder why Natsumi was at Hope's Peak? What was her ultimate? Fuyuhiko had already taken the title of ultimate Yakuza- so what was she? Was she perhaps a lowly reserve course student?

Y'know, reserve course students were always my favorite. I've only met one, and he paid me 15 million dollars for a sticker! In US dollars? How weird is that! Imagine how much money I could make off my stickers if I sold them to all of the reserve course. students! I could be a trillionaire! I don't know if I could get a shaman to bless them all though. Might just have to scam some of the students. Oh well! Sucks to be reserve course, don't it?

As always, thanks for reading! (206 reads! Small feat but a big deal!) You all mean the world to me. Vote if you liked it! If not, leave a comment with a suggestion or an idea so it can get better!