Part 2, Chapter 3 (10 years old)

I'm still figuring out what I want to do with the beautiful precious boi Keebo so I'm not going to do what I had planned for this chapter. Enjoy!

Fuyuhiko's POV

"It's about time you got acquainted with some of our benefactors, Fuyuhiko." My father said.

"Benefactors? Who?" I asked.

"The people who lend us a hand... so we'll lend them one. The Togami's have a son about your age. You two will be meeting at two o'clock on Saturday." My father seemed to be avoiding the word play date at all costs.

"Okay..." I said. I knew I didn't have a choice. As long as this kid was nice, it should be fine.

I don't like to interrupt, but these feel like some famous last word to me... but at least I get to write best boi Togami. Okay, I'm sorry. Back to the story.

I walked up to my room, where Peko was waiting.

"What did your dad want?" She asked.

"He wants me to meet business partners... basically he set up a play date with some kid on Saturday." I said.

"Sounds fun." Said Peko.

"I'm not sure... I don't know the other kid at all, but maybe I shouldn't worry." But then again, when dad was involved, sometimes your definition of bad became a whole lot worse.

Okie Dokie, time skip time! It's now 1:50 on Saturday.

"He should be here any minute now." I said. I was getting nervous. It seemed silly, but there were so many things that could go wrong.

"I'll go back upstairs." Peko began to ascend up towards our bedrooms.

"Wait." I said. "Stay here with me." I said. "I'm...nervous..."

"It'll be fine." Peko put a hand on my shoulder. "You have no reason to worry."

I smiled as the door bell rang. Hershey barked once from upstairs and stopped, probably hushed by Peko. I swung the door open. A tall, blond, kid with glasses stepped through the threshold.

"Hi." I said. I'll admit, it's a little awkward, but it's not that bad.

"Hmph." Said the boy. "What's your name?"

Straight to business, huh? I thought. "Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu." I said, proudly.

"Hmph." The boy said again. There was a pause, and I realized he wasn't going to say his name unless I did something.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Byakuya Togami. You've undoubtedly heard if the company, I'm sure."

"Yeah, of course." I said. It was true too. The Togami corporation is one of Japan's biggest organizations. "What do you want to do?" I asked. It was starting to get weird.

"I don't know," he said, "it's your house." The classic Put-the-other-person-on-the-spot move.

"Let's just go up to my room." I said. Byakuya followed me up the stairs. Then, instead of standing awkwardly in the living room, we stood awkwardly in my room!

"So.. uh..." I so tactfully said.

"What school do you go to?" Byakuya saved me. We had a good discussion of a bunch of stuff. It turns out, he goes to my school, but just a year behind me.

"So..." I said. "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Do you have crush on someone?"

Byakuya turned beet red. "She's in your grade, actually. I'm going to ask her out." He looked at the ground.

"Really?" I said. "Who is it?"

Byakuya wouldn't say anything.

"Who is it?" I demanded again, a little louder.

"I'm not telling you." He crossed his arms.

"Yes you are!" I said, laughing. "Fine, you don't have to tell me, I'll find out anyway."

"Who are you going to ask out?" He asked.

I turned red. The question was out, and there was no denying it. "You probably don't know her." I started. "But... Peko Pekoyama."

The door rang again. Byakuya and I rushed down and said our goodbyes.

Byakuya's POV

I ran into the car, biting back tears. Fuyuhiko was asking Peko out. It couldn't be true. I had a rose and a box of chocolates at home that said it couldn't be true. I'm the heir to the Togami legacy. I shouldn't have to feel these feelings. I won't feel these feelings. Fuyuhiko would just have to move aside.

Peko's POV

I sat in my adjacent room. It was impossible not to hear the boys' conversation- at least snippets of it. This and that. They seemed to get along, but just barely. Fuyuhiko may not know it, but I know that his parents would make sure this was only the beginning. He would be spending more and more time with the Togami boy, whether he liked it or not. And they would become best friends. I would drift into the background, and if I'm not already, I would become a tool for real. Just an accessory to Fuyuhiko. That is my future.

"Who are you going to ask out?" The Togami kid must have been asking Fuyuhiko.

"You probably don't know her... but Peko Pekoyama."

The doorbell rang. I didn't care. Me. Fuyuhiko has chosen me. His tool. This makes no sense. It would never work out. But then... I'm not exactly opposed to this. Quite the opposite. But it would work out better with anyone else. Even the Togami kid.

Ooh snap 10 year old love triangle. Welcome to Wattpad, where everyone questions what they're doing with their lives. Myself definitely included. I'm sorry if that was a little weird and I know the Valentine's thing came out of the blue. It was an on the spot idea... but on another note, Happy Valentine's Day! You probably get tired of hearing this, but thank you! I love you all!