Chapter 14

I gasped for breath as he grabbed my neck. I grabbed his hands trying to pull away his grasp but he just choked me more. My face started to go red and I couldn't breathe. He lifted me up off the ground and I was kicking around my legs, trying to kick him. A miracle happened.

A hammer hit the reflection in the head. He dropped me and I fell to the ground gasping for breath. Then the reflection was shot back into the mirror, when it stumbled back using it to regain balance, along with Cade launching out. He landed on the ground next to me panting as well.

"You okay?" He asked still panting like a dog. Was it suffocating in a mirror? I don't wanna find out. "Yea. You?"
"Yea." He replied. As soon as he looked up he quickly got up to his feet. "A-Ali! Hey." He trailed off stuttering. What was the history between the two? Her red hair flowed like fire and her eyes were a bright yellow, hint of orange. Her dark coloured overalls were slowly coming apart by the buttons and her hands looked a little blistered.

She must be a blacksmith. She must be obsessed with it too, jeez. Out of no where her hair went into flames, it was terrifying...and it heated up the room even more, I'm surprised my skin hasn't melted off yet. "I told you not to come here ever again!" She shouted fiercely. I actually got quite scared from it and jumped to my feet, still coughing from nearly being strangled to death. In fear I grabbed Cade's arm.

"But this time it's important!" He said in his defence. I think he was waiting for me to agree with him but I didn't bother to speak. She seemed to get more angry though. "What could possibly be so important?!" She yelled. As Cade was trying to think of an answer Ali pulled a weapon from the wall. Yea...I'm not fighting her.

I quickly went to stand behind Cade and he looked back at me. "You can fight her." I said pushing him forwards. "Why me?" He protested. "I thought you were suppose to be the hero and protect me so I don't get killed." I said for once liking the idea of that, hooray for putting it to good use! I can tell that theirs something about Ali that was powerful and not just that she is fucking scary. Cade started to hesitate.

Now I know why. Ali's arms turned into flaming wings and before I knew it, she became a pheonix. I pushed Cade forward, I'm not fighting that monster. Ali let out a roar like caw that slightly pushed me backwards from how strong it was. He summoned his sword, but I knew he was going to need help. So I summoned my lance was ready to defeat a pheonix. Wow...never thought I was gonna say that.