Chapter 2

I stared at the old book. With new glasses my mom got me after I told them what happened. She was so angry at me, but it wasn't even my fault, well mom is always mad at me so it wouldn't matter anyways. My brother was laughing at me for one moment, then the next trying to comfort me because I was bullied. I got him to leave though, he's nice and all, but eight year old brothers can be annoying.

I could barely focus with my pounding head and the thought of Cade. He was really weird and nice to me, there was something...mysterious about him. I can't tell what though. Now being able to read, I realized that this book was "Romeo and Juliet" a love story about the two where they fall in love but can't be together because of their families.

Spoiler alert: they both die in the original story. Couldn't William Shakespeare right something that we could understand...sheesh he has to translate what we wrote on the next page after. God. At least this isn't the assignment where we have to actually translate one of his books our selves, I suck at that.

It was dark in my room. I casted a ray of light that shined down on the ceiling, not too bright not too dim. I can control the element light. it's useless. I wanted something like water like my cousin Jason or Earth, maybe even fire. Light and darkness are the most useless elements there is. I'm not useful in anyway. Well, i don't know much about darkness. It's probably got more use then light.

I was getting really tired and keep scratching at the scar on my face. It hurt badly and was very itchy, I was just going to make it bleed once again. I closed the book after I got to the part where they first met then took off my glasses, I was quite slow on reading this book. I wanted to stay up so I created orbs of light and started to make them swirl around me, it's an entertaining thing I guess. It keeps me up when I want to.

I stared at my ceiling still thinking of Cade. He was so strange and kinda creepy how he just seemed different from normal people, but he seems nice I guess. I could feel myself drifting off even though orbs of blazing light were circling around me. I looked over at my alarm clock, 1:00 am. I don't remember anything else from that night.

There was a huge riot at school. Everyone was surrounding someone...or something? I need to see what's going on!As I walked up to the crowed of people I noticed someone ran next to me. Cade? "Hey Aeron!" He said happily, I was puzzled. "Just because I talked to you once doesn't make us friends..." I said shyly, everyone was shouting and it was hurting my ears.

"Are you just saying that because I closed your hair into your locker?" He asked putting his hand on my shoulder. I don't want to be rude so I'll avoid his question. I stood on the tips of my toes to try to see what was going on. "Your tall Cade, what's going on?" I asked trying to see over everyone. His eyes widened and he pulled me back a few steps, everyone else stepped back as well.

"Cade?" He stared in front of me. Before I knew it the guy who was surrounded had wings. Horns were growing from his forehead and his eyes went bright red and glowed vibrantly. "Demon..." Cade whispered as the demon summoned a spear, pointing at helpless people. He flew past them when they cleared some were screaming, some were cussing and cursing.

My legs were shaking, but I didn't hesitate to run after the demon man, I'm not really controlling myself in the moment. "Aeron!" Cade called as he noticed I started running for the demon. I ran after the demon that was jetting through the hall, he flew to the end of the hall; no doors just a glass roof. The room surrounded by lockers. Well...demons are filled with darkness right? Maybe I'll be put to use, I've never tried this before.

When I looked and saw no one I realized I could use my element against the demon, their filled with darkness. The demon faced me smirking and aimed his spear at me. I wanted to run, but I kept my courage...if I had any of course. I raised my hand absorbing the sunlight into the room, brighter and brighter.

Before I knew it I couldn't see anything, just bright light. It didn't sting my eyes though, not much of an advantage. The demon was screaming, and screaming in horrifying tone. Inhumanly that's for sure. Then the light disappeared, all that was left of the demon was a pile of ashes...at least I hope. Did I just do something useful? I killed a demon...I killed a creature of hell. "How'd you do that?"

I turned my head a bit and noticed Cade was leaning over me grinning. Instantly...FEAR. "Uh...y-you saw that?" I asked a little worried. He saw me use my element...this is not good...and can he stop making me feel short! "Yup. Your a light elemental aren't you? I knew there was something cool about you and it wasn't just the colour of your hair!" He said excited. Wait for it...I'm gonna be called a freak or something. Uh...I-" I stuttered. I didn't know what to say.

"oh right. I'm a fire elemental! That's how I know this stuff!" He exclaimed. He was one ray of sunshine if you know what I mean, and people normally say that about light elementals. I'm that one that proves that wrong. "A fire elemental?" He was an elemental? Even a weird guys element is cooler than mine! No fair! "Want proof? Here." He held out his hand in front of me, then a flowery flame hovered above his hand and it's heat licked at my face. As he still leaned over me he closed his fist...then his entire hand turned to flames!

Was he fire proof or something? I think that's the specialty that fire elementals have. "Cool huh?" He said as the blaze of his hand slowly went away revealing his perfectly intact hand. He gently grabbed my arm to show that his skin wasn't even burning hot after that, in fact, his skin was a little cold. Immediately he let go.

In amazement I nodded, then he walked around me to face me. "Light's cool to. It's very useful when enemies try to blind you in darkness or fighting evil creatures that come from hell." He said grabbing my arm again and holding it up. "Summon some light!" He said like he was a little kid first discovering elemental powers. "O-okay..." After I answered I held out my hand and absorbed light creating a beautiful orb of light.

Cade stared at it amazed. "Wow! That's amazing." He exclaimed after I made it disappear. "How is it so amazing? You should be used to it by now." I said putting a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. Well, he was still pretty calm. "But I've never met a light elemental before. Anything but!" He shouted, I put my hand over his mouth. "Don't go screaming it." I said quietly. I do not want to get caught again, who knows how some people will react.