Chapter 9

Everything seemed peaceful for me ever since I-or technically Cade killed her. I Still think I could've done it myself. Classes were easier, I could go to my locker without being disturbed I could even leave when everyone else did! Without Taylor, Jenna and Samantha didn't even know what they were doing anymore! It was literally the best thing ever. So I gladly went to my locker at a normal time like everyone else at the end of the day.

I know it doesn't seem that exciting, but after being bullied for two years it's actually a huge relief. When I opened my locker, Scott, Luke and another girl ran up to me. The girl had brown hair with white in her pony tail, she must have been Luke's sister. "Aeron! Aeron!" Scott constantly shouted my name. I swung one arm of my back pack on my shoulder and closed me locker.

"What?" I asked turning to them. The end of the hall was going pitch black and I threw off my bag putting it back in my locker, that's not gonna help. "C'mon!" The three of them started to run in the opposite direction. "But I can stop it!" I shouted starting to create orbs of light. Scott and Luke ran back to me and grabbed my arms starting to drag me. "That's a lot more powerful for any of us Aeron!" Luke said as him and Scott ran while dragging me. "No! I can! I can!" I shouted struggling against them. I can do something!

The girl hit me across the face. "No you can't!" She screamed at me. She didn't shut me up though. "I can! Let me go I can!" I was determined to do something important, I was. I had to. Then she hit me twice, my face was already starting to bruise. "Scott let go I'll take her!" She said, obviously scared he let go and the girl took his place. She was strong for what looks like a girly girl type.

Then I looked at the darkness. Too pairs of glowing red eyes were looking at me, and evil laughing. Horrifying laughing from two people. One a guy and one a girl. Then the darkness shot at us. Then the twins ran faster, Scott falling behind. I watched as he was swallowed in the darkness, him screaming in pain. Then the awful, dead silence of him. My eyes were stuck wide as they dragged me out of the building, everyone being consumed in darkness. I felt paralyzed. I couldn't even get a word out of my mouth in the moment.

Was anyone alive? They dropped me next to everyone that I met. All the elementals. There was a snow lion too. Must have been Jack's and Jane's. On the collar...wait why would a lion have a collar?! It said "Snow." Not a very creative name, but it made sense. "Where's Scott?" Ellie asked. She didn't look worried though. Did they really hate each other that much? Either that or she just doesn't expect him to get hurt.

They stared at me, I was still horrified from him being consumed in the darkness, the screaming. It could've killed him! I could've stopped the darkness! I could've! "Aeron?" Ellie asked, now she was worried for me. "H-he-" I was interrupted by the sound of bursting doors and shattering glass.

Everyone was mindless, darkness filled "drones" lets just call it. Everyone with long sharp claws, glowing red eyes. There veins was sticking way out of their skin and you could see their every breath and their heart beating out of their chest. It wasn't even human. I was horrified, but like the rest of the group I summoned my lance. Prepared to kill all of the people who have ignored me and never helped me.

It wasn't going to hurt that much...who am I kidding?! I'm killing what used to be humans! They don't deserve their lives lost. Then the army ran for us, like cannibals rushing for food. That's probably what it is, Cannibals. But, what happened to Scott? Is he one too?