Chapter 8

After I finally got home and went up to my room I started reading again. Juliet faked her death so she wouldn't marry this other guy. Ugh this is so boring. English please Shakespeare not gibberish. Nobody gets "thou" anymore.

I marked my place in the book and took off my glasses. I blinked a few times as my eyes were stinging. Maybe a little too much reading for one night, maybe too much time awake for one night too. I need to fix my sleeping habits. As I closed my eyes for a few seconds my phone vibrated. I rubbed my eyes and put on my glasses. Cade.

I almost forgot that he took my phone and put his number in it. He said he didn't want me to always be "depressed". I wasn't depressed! Was I?

Cade: are you awake?

I sighed sitting up as I answered him.

Myself: no

Cade: then how come you answered?

I yawned, already getting frustrated with him.

Myself: what do you want?

Cade: I wanted to make sure you were alive.

I stared at my phone in shock. What does he mean by "to make sure I'm alive?"

Myself: of course I'm alive stupid! Why would I be dead?

Cade: oh you know, demons, reapers...other stuff.

Was he really that paranoid? He actually cares though...

Myself: dude, just calm down.

Cade: Aeron you were almost killed.

Myself: no I wasn't!

Cade: just don't do anything stupid okay?

Myself: if anything your the one who is going to do something stupid.

Cade: don't make fun of me!

I laughed, I haven't made fun of him...yet anyways.

Myself: what are you gonna do about it?

Cade: I'll burn your hair!

Not. My. Hair. That's like the thing that I care most for. Mainly because my hair is normal compared to the punk guys and girls going around with green and pink hair all the time. Not to mention the way they style it. Just I would never do that to myself. That's just insane.

Myself: if you touch my hair I will blind you

Cade: oh is that a threat?

Myself: you said you were gonna burn my hair!

Cade: but that would be cool! You'd have flaming hair like a phoenix! If you blind me I don't know what I'm doing.

I actually laughed a bit. Why was I laughing? Oh god his personality is gonna rub off!

Myself: whatever. Just don't set my hair on fire. Can I sleep now?

Cade: Hmm...

Cade don't you dare say no.

Cade: yup. Bye Aeron!

How was he always so cheerful? Seriously how? I don't understand. He probably wonders why others aren't though.