Chapter 1

What am I going to tell them? "Oh mom, dad I got beat up again and Taylor stole and broke my glasses for reading again!" No, my parents wouldn't even believe me, they never believe me. Ever. I'm tired of being bullied around here, I'm tired of having no friends. I'm so fucking tired of having to keep my powers secret. I swear that everyone just wants me eliminated in this world, or just wants to make my life fucking miserable.

I'm trying to read this book that I was told to read for English in the janitors closet without my glasses, it's as blurry as static haze. Sadly I have issues with small printing, so I need glasses, well sixteen years of video games doesn't exactly help either. It sucks ass. The single dull light bulb isn't helping my sight either. Every time someone would walk by I was so terrified that it was Taylor, Jenna and Samantha.

They've been bullying me since i came to this school about two years ago, got bullied for various and stupid reasons. I'll face the facts. I'm a freak, a light summoning freak! As the thoughts of hopelessness consumed me something crimson splashed onto the page. I put my hand onto my left cheek and felt the wet red substance, I was bleeding.

I sighed and shut the book and grabbed a clean cloth in the room that hasn't been used and put it against my face, one hand holding it up and the other cleaning the book with another rag. I hope it doesn't stain the page, my english teacher would kill me! The final school bell of the day rang, I could already hear people shuffling around in the halls. I wanted to wait a little so people could leave and I can make sure no one will bully me when I leave, so I waited for a few minutes. It always felt like hours.

I held my book to my chest and dropped the bloody cloth on the ground, Like the janitor would notice anyways. He's pretty much blind. I put my ear to the door to listen, not a single sound...just pure and utter silence. I quietly turned the door handle and slightly opened the door. I stuck my head out and looked around to see no one in the hall, then quietly walked out.

I shut the door as quiet as I possibly could and walked up the hall to get to my locker, listening to my footsteps as I walked. When I got to my locker I opened it and stared at...well nothing that's even worth anything. The grey locker back, with nothing of course. After coming back to the world from zoning out in my own world I grabbed my bag and shoved my book into it. After zipping up the bag and putting one arm of the bag over my shoulder I heard running...what people are still here?

Running down the hall was a guy with flaming quiffed red hair and extremely pale skin. Im guessing he didn't notice me but he slammed into my locker door and it closed on my hair. What luck. "Ow ow ow!" I screamed as I pulled on my hair with just my head to get out. He turned around and noticed my pure white hair was stuck. "God I'm so sorry!" He said coming to me and got to my locker.

"Combo?" He asked staring at my small blue lock. "28, 16, 3." I said as he started to turn the lock. when he opened my locked I sighed in relief, that hurt badly. "I'm sorry about that." He said locking up my locker after. His brown eyes looked innocent like was really sorry, after years I can tell when someone's lying or not. Wait a minute...his pupils were circled with a magma red colour...how odd.

"It's okay...It's not the first time it's happened." I said as I turned to leave. He put his hand on my shoulder, I felt paralyzed for reasons that I don't even know. Just as soon as he touched me, I couldn't move a muscle. "Wait. What's your name?" He asked. Can I just go home? I don't like being around other people. "Aeron." I replied quietly. I don't know why but I was shaking, he laughed at me a little. Was he gonna call me a freak too? "That's a pretty name." He said complimenting it. Wait...he's not calling me a freak? This is...weird.

"Anyways, my names Cade. Nice to meet you." He answered. I'm still a little creeped out...I'm not at all used to compliments, I never get them. He was paid to do this or something wasn't he?! "Listen...I have to go." I said finding a way to walk away he ran in front of me. "Wait!" He shouted. I was confused, someone wants to talk to me? This is a joke right?

"No I really have to go." I said trying to walk around him but he kept blocking me. "Please stay! I just met you! At least let me walk with you." He said reaching for my arm. I sighed, I wanted to be alone but I hate letting people down. I let people down constantly from my family to my teachers, I just can't do it again.

"Fine." I answered. He grabbed my arm and started to walk with me. I was shy and awkward around him, what am I saying? I'm shy and awkward around everyone. He kept trying to talk to me though, which was...well...different then usual. I still need to figure out how to be more confident, but so far that ain't working for me.