Chapter 26

"D-dad?!" I said in confusion. He was in his military uniform and everything. What the? How? I'm confused. "Hi baby girl. Did you miss me?" He asked coming towards me. This is really weird. This can't...can it? "Yea. I did a lot." I answered. "Why don't you give me a hug?" He said holding his arms out. "No." I refused.

"Why not? I'm your father." He said calmly. "No. Your not. You can't. My dad is Afghanistan right now-" I pulled the IV out of my arm. Ouch.-"you are not my dad! I'm not stupid!" I got out of my bed and jumped to stand on the floor. I was quite dizzy and my vision tunnelled a bit.

Whoever it actually was, started to laugh. "You couldn't just go with it would you?" I stood in horror as he started to pull his face, the crimson red pouring out as it did so. I covered my mouth trying not to scream. It was like a river of blood came out as it ripped the face off. I can't see what's behind or what it actually is. But it's horrifying laughing continued as it threw the face to me.

I caught it in mid air, it's j-just gotta be fake right? No...it looks the exact same as my father...it even feels real. "You know, it wasn't that hard ripping the flesh off your father. The only hard part was to get him to shut up." I could feel my knees shaking, my legs getting weaker. It was the voice of a woman, raspy and cruel.

This is just another dream right? Or a hallucination? My father is alive...right? "T-this can't be m-my father...c-can it?" I couldn't hold myself up, I dropped to my knees, getting soaked in blood. "You're lucky I haven't skinned your friend yet." She snickered a bit. Friend...what this whole journey is for? "You mean Scott?" I asked, you could tell in my voice that I'm terrified.

"If that's the kid with the fedora then you got it spot on, you useless little sunbeam." Oh my god...s-she's got Scott?! 'Aeron, find the strength to stand up, she's only another bully' my mind is reminding me of the pass now, great.

I put my hand on the bed and pulled myself up. She was facing to what would be my left, I can't see her face. Lives are at jeopardy, which means like the person I am, I'm gonna ask questions and probably not get answers. "Who. Are. You?" I said with the little courage I had.

Yep, she's deffinetly gonna tell you Aeron. She laughed a bit, not opening her mouth. A little after she spoke. "You should know who I am." She still didn't face me, I don't fucking know who you are! Just tell me woman it would make things so much easier! As I stood in complete utter agonizing pain and confusion.

The woman lifted up her hand, creating a small orb of darkness. A dark elemental..."why don't I make this quick for you." She threw it at me, I blocked it with light. She scowled, then my cousin and the nurse ran in. When they saw her the nurse screamed and fainted. I looked at the woman, she disappeared and the carcass fell to the ground. I feel dizzy again...