Chapter 27

I only have one more day in this fucking hospital then we can finally leave and continue our mission. Luckily somehow Jason was able to clean up the...mess. I'm still not sure if that was actually my dad though. I can feel myself slowly going insane the longer I'm here. I can hear some voices sometimes, of family, Scott and Jane. It's all getting to me, it hasn't even been that long of a journey but I'm losing it already.

I could hear light footsteps running down the hall. Then a little boy ran into my room, he jumped and sat at the corner facing the wall crying. His parents just let him run around?! "Um...e-excuse me. Who are you?" I asked in the calmest voice I could use. It was awkward talking to people while they were crying.

He looked at me, poor thing. Tears stained his face, both his face and the whites of his eyes red. "M-my names John." He said through tears. "What's wrong?" I asked sitting up. "My grandpa's going up to heaven soon." He said in a quiet voice.

That must be terrible...losing someone important at such a young age. I put my hand on his shoulder, he had brown hair and bright blue eyes. He kinda reminded me...of my own brother. "I know it's hard, losing someone you love. I know what it's like. My father past away not too long ago as well. But think about, your grandpa had a good life. He'll always be in your heart too."

It's a first that I could get so much out of my mouth to a stranger. But he needed it, he's just a little boy. "Really?" He asked, it looks like he's got a little light of hope. Heh...light. "Yes really." I had a little smile on my face. Maybe, this isn't so bad. I mean yes I am going a little crazy, but I'm helping someone and it feels good.

"Okay." He said, he stopped crying a bit and wiped his eyes with his sleeves. "That's good now why don't you go find your parents." I said patting him on the back. He nodded and jumped off the bed. Then he ran off, and I felt lonely again.

An hour later or so, Jason came back. "Hey Aeron. For some reason this guy followed me too." He said glaring at Cade when he walked in. Jason doesn't necessarily like Cade that much. Or at all really. Eh, I don't like Cade that much either. But I'm not gonna bother making him leave knowing how persistent he may be.

"Well if you're here you've gotta have some news right?" I said stretching out my arms then putting them behind my head. "Yup. We've figured out how to get to the realm of the dead." He said putting his hands into his jacket pockets.

I instantly sat up excited, a little but relieved as well. Scott still has some time. "How?!" I was gonna jump out of the bed but quickly realized they put an IV back into my hand. "Well..." He trailed off. Oh no...I don't think this is gonna end well.

"It kinda needs a..." He trailed off again. "A what?" I asked calmly, even though I could tell that I was probably gonna end up flipping out after. "A sacrifice." He finished. My eyes widened, my hands were shaking a little too.

"You mean one of us specifically?" I asked, but looked over at Jason, he was very pale. All Cade did was nod his head. I could already feel stressed from this. "Well what are we gonna do? Who's gonna do it?...I'll-"
"you're not doing it Aeron. You're a light elemental, were going to a place that's is home to creatures and people with dark element. We'd have a major advantage." Cade interrupted.

Oh...okay then. I looked back over to Jason. "I am not letting you do whether you like it or not Jason! Also, I'm pretty sure the team needs you Cade, you seem to know what your doing." I kept swapping who I was looking at.

"We discussed it with everyone. The only one who's willing to do it is Jack. But we need him on the team. We pretty much need everyone the same. Besides, as much as I hate the bird, we can't sacrifice Ali either." Cade explained. Then what is it that were gonna do?