Chapter 11

I roamed around in the destroyed school. All that I knew for two years just gone. Not to mention that I killed them too. It looked like the place was destroyed by a fire, tornado and earthquake at the same time. I guess that's how powerful darkness is, so I was wrong. Only light is useless. It was hopeless now, we were in some sort of war that has officially taken away our childhood killing people who didn't deserve it.

I couldn't get so many things out of my mind. Seeing people who I knew being killed by myself, how lifeless Scott looked when that girl had him, especially the death stare I got from that guy. It was creepy as fuck. Why would someone want to cause such destruction anyways? It made no sense to me. It never does.

One of the lockers started shaking....and shaking...and shaking. Like something was trying to escape. As I was startled I created an orb of light, about to hit the locker, but it opened. What stumbled out was my cousin Jason. "H-how are you alive?" I asked making the orb disappear in a little relief. "You know I have my own bubble" as he said that he created a bubble around him. I get it! He likes to joke around sometimes, but his navy blue hair was filled with dirt and chards of the locker as it looked like.

He made it disappear and stared at me for a few seconds before picking bits and pieces of the building out of my hair. "Sheesh can't you take care of yourself?" He said pulling more of the darkness destroyed rubble out of my hair. He always treats me like a small child. "I'm not a little kid! Besides look at yourself! You look like you got buried underground!" I yelled. I'm overprotective of myself when it comes to my cousin, always making fun of me. I know it's always just a joke, I mean I make fun of him too. I guess that's what makes us family.

He shook around his head, dust, dirt and building bits went all around. I started to cough a bit. "C'mon let's go Jason." I said as he finished cleaning out his hair. I grabbed his arm and we walked around the building to see if there was anything else corrupted. Luckily we were fine, I know that Jason doesn't like fighting at all, but I was actually hoping to find something. Like a secret treasure!

We met up with the rest of the group outside of the building. Cade looked pissed, real pissed. "Why did we have to fucking lose a man! Especially the only one who can heal us all!" He snapped, be paced around what seemed to be him talking to himself. I've never seen him angry before.

"Dude calm down." Jason said watching him pace around. Everyone seemed pretty bummed about it, even Ellie. "Calm down? One of our best fighters could be dead! Not to mention that he didn't deserve this!" He snapped. Now I felt more like this was my fault. "Where are we even gonna find him!" He kept pacing and shouting, If he was a cartoon steam would be coming out of his ears.

"Cade." I said. He ignored me and kept talking to himself freaking out. "Cade!" I came up to him and slapped him right across the face. He was stunned by me, I'm not dealing with it. "Get back into your god damn senses! Were going to find him okay? Just fucking calm down!" I yelled at him. He was still stunned a bit. He sighed, then turned to face everyone else.

"Any ideas on where to find him?" He asked. Everyone was thinking about any possible ideas. "Maybe the realm of the dead?" I blurted out. It was an idea, it made sense too. I bet that's where will find him and those enemies. "The realm of the dead isn't easy to find." Ellie said, she pulled a book out of her bag as soon as she said it. When did she not have a book? Wait the realm of the dead is real?

It wasn't an ordinary one though, the cover had no title and was made from brown leather. It also looked aged, must have been old. "The realm of the dead. Home to wandering souls, demons, reapers, other evil creatures and a place where darkness elementals can learn to channel there powers. South of North America there is a secret entrance to the realm. Sounds easy, but the passage is quite hidden." Ellie read from the book. Oh boy, this was going to be a lot harder then any of us thought.