Chapter 17

I went to attack Cade. I attempted to slash him but he easily dodged it. Then he shot fire at me from his hand and I blocked it with my shield. I shot light at him Blinding him. Then went for a stab, but he used his sword to block it but then knocked my lance out of my grip. I bashed his head with my shield. But quickly jumped back when his hand went to flames. When he shot a fireball at me I blocked it with my shield and some of the flames shot up at me. I was okay thankfully. I scratched my head from how it felt heated, but it seemed different.

I grabbed a small streak of my hair and looked at it. It went charcoal black from being burned. He did not just do that to me. I raged, I ran to him starting to bash him in the chest with the side of my shield, in rage I kept swinging. He quickly tripped me and I fell to the ground. He slashed down his sword and I blocked with my shield, the force of the sword was more powerful then my own strength and the handle of the shield slipped from my fingers.

The shield slammed just under my chest, knocking the wind out of me. I started coughing and wheezing, then Cade smirked and made his sword disappear into flames. "Told you." He said helping me up off the ground. I was still trying to breathe. When iron knocks the wind out of you, it hurts like hell. "You-" I coughed "didn't have to ruin my hair." I said gently grabbing the piece of my hair that gone burned.

"Not my fault." He said looking away from me. "What's with girls and their hair anyways?" He added quietly. "How would you feel if I fucking shaved your head?!" I said angrily. That's a thing that guys don't understand about girls. To most of us including myself, our hair is legit the most important thing. "Hair grows back." He said as if I was stupid. "Not burned hair!" I shouted at him. He rolled his eyes.

"It looks fine, don't worry about it Aeron." He said now looking at me and putting his hands in his pockets. I'm still fucking pissed. It's not like white hair is weird enough. "Aeron just let it go." I turned around and saw Ellie, with a book like always. I could see that it was on combat. "One time Jack completely froze my hair and I couldn't pull it out of the ponytail. I had to run it under hot water multiple times." She said slamming the book shut. It made me jump a bit, Sometimes she's kinda scary.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. It can't be that bad right? "By the way. Ali is joining us." She added. Cade groaned. "But she hates me!" He complained slouching a bit. "Well you're good at cooperating with other people. You can deal with it." Ellie said, but instead looking at me. Hey! That's an insult!

"Sometimes it's like you just want to make us all suffer for fun." He said crossing his arms. "Don't be a bastard." She said glaring at him. She sassily turned around and walked away. These people...just...ugh.