Chapter 10

I started to shoot the "drones" with orbs of light. Okay, no more quotations with that! Ellie was shooting them with enchanted bow and arrows. The twins were blowing them away back to the building, each one shattered like glass. The siblings and their lion pet were freezing them, the lion had ice breath. Ice breath! Leo was shocking them by creating storm clouds in the sky, then lightning shocking them. Cade was surrounding the entire place with fire, then our battlefield turned to flames around us.

Being caught off guard I was bit on the shoulder, the drone was trying to eat me! I dug my fingers in it's eyeballs, my other fingers in where it's temples would be. Then blasted light causing it's head to explode. My crimson red blood was slowly spreading from my shoulder. "Fuck!" I said in pain but continued fighting. If Scott wasn't somewhere in darkness dead or alive he could help me. Was this my fault? It couldn't be, could it? I have to focus I can't risk getting a chunk of my skin eaten.

I lunged at one with a lance. I realized it was Jenna. I was killing people who I grew up with...well for two years. But it still hurt a lot. Jack and Jane were getting vicious. Jack summoned ice brass knuckles and just fisted all of the drones, beating each one...makes sense for him. Jane summoned blades on her boots. So she was extremely flexible and skilled that she cut them all straight in half.

How long have these people trained for? I can barely fight compared to these guys...no wonder they can be so insane. By now with our skills half of the army was wiped out completely blood and shattered corpses were everywhere! The roof of the school completely exploded and darkness filled the air faster than smoke. Two figures literally flew up in the air floating in the smokey darkness. One was a guy the other a girl, they both had black hair. But the girls had dark purple in the front. The guy was holding a cane and the girl in one hand an orb of darkness the other...Scott! She was holding him by the back of his neck either dead or unconscious.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as you could see his veins sticking out of his body and his pale skin. Blood was dripping down his face from his forehead. It's...it's my fault.

I wanted to do something, but I was paralyzed by the state I was given by the guy. Just pure evil poking at my soul. I tried to look away but I couldn't and before I knew it they disappeared in black smoke. What were they going to do to Scott? Everyone was doing the same thing as me, except Cade shaking my shoulder.

"Earth to Aeron! What are you still staring at? We need to figure out who they are and where their going!" He said continuously shaking me. When he lifted his hand off my shoulder it was covered in blood. He stared at the bite wound. "It just had to be Scott." He said under his breath. It was my fault wasn't it? That he's gone. I wish they just let me go into the darkness and that would be me, or if I just did what they said.

I'm such an idiot. "Jane help me patch up Aeron!" He said as she came up to us. I still felt paralyzed, I feel like I've seem them before, but I couldn't have could I?