Chapter 18

I was watching Luke and Lily fight. It's like they exactly knew what the other person was going to do. Well they are twins, so I guess it makes sense. They both had daggers, but they were enchanted for the blades to grow larger. That was pretty interesting. But what was most interesting was that the two were in sync completely. Before they finished we had to leave.

We had to split into three groups and go into different places. I was with Jane, Jack and Luke. Reason was we had to go through this forest that elders claimed had an entrance to the realm of the undead. But apparently the forest has a life of it's own. I'm pretty sure that's just a story. At least it's a break from Cade, no offence to him. "How long have we been walking for?" Jane asked exhausted.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Luke asked her smirking. Not again. Can he not hit on a girl for one minute. "Leave my sister alone!" Jack said angrily. Luke held his hands out in defence and looked at me, I knew what he was thinking. "Don't even bother." I said. "You guys are no fun." He said shoving his hands into his pockets. He is probably the most annoying one out of all of us. As we continued walking, now silently, I could hear rustling in the trees above. "Guys, wait a second." I said stopping in place. I stared up at the trees, is it just a bird? Or a squirrel?

Then something wrapped around my ankle and lifted me into the air. "Hey!" I shouted trying to see what grabbed me. It was vines...they said the forest had a life of it's own. The vines grabbed my arm from the opposite side and vines grabbed the others. "Let me go! Let me go!" Jane shrieked as all of her limbs were grabbed and she was lifted into the air.

Before I knew it the vines were starting to stretch me. I screamed in pain. Luke summoned his daggers and cut the vines that wrapped him up before, falling to the ground. Jack literally just ripped them off of him and fell as well. Jane kept screaming and starting kicking out her legs. She summoned the blades on her boots and started cutting the vines around her, but more just started grabbing her, even the ones that were stretching me let me go.

From where I was I fell on a tree branch. I felt pain striking my back and I looked over to Jane. The vines started to wrap around her neck. "Jane!" I shouted summoning my lance to cut the vines to help. But more vines tied me up to the tree and I dropped my lance. Then she kept kicking around and cut the vines, except the ones around her neck.

She called for her brother's name as she fell but the vines on her neck never went loose. I tried to pull out of the vines to help but there was no use, I couldn't get out of them. My eyes widened in horror when I saw and heard the vines come to it's end and just slowly swung, silencing Jane.

The vines around me let go and I fell out of the tree. I hit my head on the ground when I fell, my vision tunnelled a bit but I knew I was okay. When I got myself back to my feet I stared in horror at Jane's lifeless body. Her eyes were wide open still. I covered my mouth and backed away a bit. Jack dropped to his knees and started to break into tears. "God d-dammit!"