Chapter 15

"I don't know.  I haven't seen either of them since before you woke up screaming."  I walked over to the door.

"Allison?"  She came running to the door.

"You guys, you need to see this."  We followed her down to the bus.  Scott stood there, drenched in gasoline.  I froze, trembling, as Stiles approached him.

*Stiles's Pov-

"Scott?"  Scott looked ready to cry as he looked at each of us.

"Derek's dead...  It's all my fault."  Kayla looked pained as she shook her head.

"No, Scott.  It was mine.  I saw death coming and tried to prevent it.  You sought the truth and got caught in the struggle."  He shook his head.

"Ever since I was bitten, everyone's been getting hurt.  I try to prevent it, but I can't...  If only I'd never been bitten."  I took a deep breath and shook my head.

"If only I hadn't dragged you out there that night.  This is my fault just as much as your's."  I walked into the mess of gasoline.  "So, if you go, I go.  You're my brother, and I'm not leaving you again."  He looked down at the flare he held as I reached for it.  Pulling it free, I chucked it as far as I could.  Sighing in relief, I heard Kayla yell.

"Watch out!"  A passing car nudged the flare, sending it rolling right at us.  I shoved Scott to safety and fell over in the process, landing safely away from the now ignited gasoline.

*Kayla's Pov-

I heaved a sigh when I saw Stiles and Scott were safe, but, then, Lydia started screaming.  I looked into the fire and saw something.  It was a dark figure that roared as it was consumed in fire.  Some part deep inside me told me that this was a creature to fear.  I stood and unsheathed my claws.

"Recesserimus!"  It hissed as the fire died down and was gone.  I trembled as my knees buckled, causing me to fall.  Issac caught me, helping lessen my fall as I started gasping for air.  Lydia looked over at me.

"What the hell was that thing?!?"  I shook my head.

"I don't know...  I don't know what that was."  Scott and the others frowned.

"What are you talking about?"  Lydia was nearly in hysterics.

"Oh, so you guys missed the huge, burning whatever-the-hell that thing was, me screaming, and Kayla yelling in Latin?"  I nodded.

"They didn't see it, Lydia.  They couldn't because it was only showing itself to us..."

"Hey, Kayla..."  Ethan towered above me before he took a seat.  "What's up with you?"  I shook my head.

"I started yelling in Latin, my eyes started glowing green, I was having nightmares, some creature appeared out of a fiery inferno...  And the Oracle stone glows each time it happens."  He looked over at Scott and Issac.

"This true?"  Issac shrugged.

"I don't know.  Neither of us could see it."  He glanced around.

"Since you were watching over Kayla last night...  Derek may be alive, but he killed Ennis..."  I frowned.

"No, Ennis should be alive.  I saw it just like I saw you trying to..."  I froze as he frowned.

"He's dead, though.  Either way, Derek is responsible, so he can either join our pack or die.  His choice."  With that, he got up and left.  I looked at the two wolves.

"I have to get to my dad when we get back.  All night, I kept dreaming about the worst of things and kept yelling in Latin.  Plus, he may know a way to help me..."  Issac frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"The person who attacked me...  She's vowed that she will make me kill and change.  She claims it's because I'm the only one who can't be stopped if I change, and she wants to use it against someone."  I shook my head.  "If Dad can't help...  I'll have to leave Beacon Hills, no matter the cost."  Scott shook his head.

"Peter will know what to do.  We will protect you, just like your pack will."  Issac nodded in agreement.  I shook my head.

"She swore that anyone who tries to stop her will be occisus..."  Issac frowned and shook his head.

"What?"  I frowned.

"Killed..."  Realizing what had happened, I rested my head against the seat.  "I did it again, huh?"  He nodded.  "Maledicta."  Shaking my head, I tried to shake free.  "I mean curses...  Damn it!"  Lydia held up Coaches whistle.

"Guys..."  A black powder poured from it.  I narrowed my eyes and looked at the others.

"Ornusque incanuit albo et wolfbane...  White ash and wolfbane..."  Stiles snagged the whistle and threw it out the window.

"Stilinsky!"  Coach started yelling at Stiles, claiming that he owed him a new whistle.  Stiles smirked over at us as I shook my head.

"So, that's why everyone lost their minds last night!  The white ash caused hallucinations while the wolfbane weakened our senses."  Scott frowned at me.

"But, it seems to have heightened your's."  I frowned and nodded in agreement.

"That's something I still don't get."  I looked down at the Oracle stone, which still hung around my neck.  "I have a feeling that it's not just me, though."  I shrugged.  "Iam scies citius...  We'll find out soon enough."  Lydia looked over at Ethan.

"Either way, you have to get past them in order to get to Peter or to even get out of Beacon Hills alone.  How're you going to do that without getting caught?  What if the attacker comes back for you?"  I shrugged and shook my head.

"I don't know, but I have to do it.  It's the only way to ensure that..."  I stopped.  Scott leaned forward.

"Ensure what?"  I looked him in the eye.

"The nightmares...  They were warning me of what was to come."  I shook my head.  "If I don't do something, something really bad will happen, killing off everyone in Beacon Hills, and possibly, a lot of other places."