Chapter 16

"Hey, Kayla.  What's up?"  I looked up from my computer and saw Kali standing at the doorway of my room.  I pulled out my earbud and smiled.

"Just working on homework."  She nodded and blinked.  Ever since Ennis disappeared and turned out to be dead, things have been awkward between us.  "I'm sorry, Kali.  I fell asleep and saw what would happen, and...  I just wanted to stop it from happening."  She smiled and nodded.

"It's fine, Kayla.  You did what you saw was right.  That's all that counts."  She sniffed and looked around.  "You know...  I'm going to pay Derek a little visit tonight."  I tried not to be alarmed.  I was supposed to head over and see if I could find Dad.  She shrugged.  "I'm going to see if he would join us."  I gulped and tilted my head.

"Just, do me a favor..."  She tilted her head at me.  "Don't kill him."  She nodded and walked off.  As soon as I was alone, I scrambled to pack my other backpack with clothes and whatever would get me through the next week.  If I didn't leave tonight, I'd never get out in time.  As I started for the door, I saw Deucalion.

"Oh, Kayla, it's just you."  He looked me up and down.  "Where are you going?"  I smiled.

"Lydia asked me to come over to work on our school project.  Then, she wants me to spend the night."  He bit his lower lip.

"You really think that's a good idea?"  I nodded.

"It's just one night.  I'll be fine, Deucalion."  He nodded and gestured towards the door.

"Be careful and be safe, Kayla.  Aiden will give you a ride home from school."  I smiled and nodded.

"Okay."  As soon as I was outside, I smirked.  "Sorry, Deucalion, but I have to do this."  Knowing he'd find the note on my bed soon enough, I took off towards Allison's.

"So, let me get this straight...  You are Peter's long-lost daughter, who just so happens to be the Oracle wolf?  Recently, you were attacked by whoever is sacrficing people and have been told that they want you to kill in order to do something to you in order to have revenge on someone?  So, in order to avoid killing and changing, you think that turning to Peter and I will help, or you will have to leave Beacon Hills?"  Allison's dad bowed his head, shaking it.  "How do you know all this?"  I hung my head.

"I saw it just like I see the future from time to time.  Besides, she came back to confront me.  What will happen the next time she comes to me?"  He thought for a moment.

"I just don't get why you came to me first.  It was my sister who killed your family and came close to killing you."  I nodded.

"I know, but there's more.  I might have pissed off Deucalion and the rest of the pack for lying to them about what I was doing...  They forbid me from going to see Derek and the others after what happened to Ennis."  He nodded.

"So, until you can figure out what to do, you want my help to make sure you aren't forced to go back or anything?"  He frowned.  "Why not go to Peter?"  I shook my head.

"I can't find him.  I think he's waiting out the little Alpha attack tonight.  Scott's out looking for Deaton, and Issac and Boyd went to help Derek while Stiles, Allison, and Lydia are trying to figure out what to do to avoid a massacre."  He nodded.

"Alright, you have my word that until you have a good plan on what to do and all, I will give you my protection."  I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Mr. Argent.  You won't regret this!"  He smiled and shook his head.

"The Argents have always respected the Oracle wolf and have always been willing to protect her, Kayla.  Even if you weren't the wolf, I'd still trust you."

*Scott's Pov-

I came in to find Issac restraining Kora while Derek crouched by Boyd's dead body.  Kayla couldn't have seen this, could she?  Stiles and Lydia stood by as Derek got to his feet.  He walked over to Issac and I, looking really hurt.

"Watch over Kayla.  If anything happens, bring her to Peter."  I nodded as he took off running.

*Stiles's Pov-

I sat on the sofa as Peter paced around the room.  Scott had gone to get Kayla, but they hadn't arrived yet.  He rubbed the back of his neck.

"So, what you're saying is Kayla's eyes glowed green, and she was speaking Latin as though she was speaking English?  And, under the influence of white ash and wolfbane, her abilities were unaffected, but she was seeing things?"  He slammed a fist into the desk, making me jump.  "Now, she says that she was attacked by our sick friend, who wants to unleash the moster side of the gift or the Oracle wolf?"  I frowned.

"What do you mean by that?  I thought the Oracle wolf was more of a creature in itself and all."  Peter shook his head.

"No...  The Oracle wolf is a chosen she-wolf who carries the blessing of the Moon Goddess herself."  He shook his head.  "I'll tell you as soon as she gets here..."

"She is here."  He looked up and frowned when he saw Chris Argent.  Behind him stood Kayla.

"What are you doing here?"  Chris smirked.

"Your daughter came to me, asking for help.  When these boys tried to come in through a window to get to her, I figured I should come along and make sure this wasn't a trick."  Peter looked towards Kayla.

"This true?"  She bowed her head.

"Somethings happening...  I saw what will happen if I didn't act soon, and, since you were gone, I figured the Argents would be my best bet."  Stepping forward, she trembled.  "However, I need to know how the Oracle wolf came to be in order to prevent what lies ahead."  She cringed a little.  "And be warned, I don't have a lot of time to figure all this out.  I kinda pissed off the pack by running off like this, so it might be wise to keep Mr. Argent around, too."  Peter glanced between the two and shook his head in defeat.

"Alright."