Chapter 13

*Kayla's Pov-

"Derek!"  Ennis and Derek backed away from each other.  "Please, stop this.  They're not responsible for the killings.  They're just trying to prevent it, but they can't figure out who it is, just like you can't."  Derek seemed to soften a little.  I heard Deucalion's chuckle.

"You better listen well, Derek.  You're listening to the Oracle wolf."  Derek glanced at him.  "Yes, she's reaching full potential, Derek.  She doesn't fully know it yet, but she speaks from the knowledge of the universe.  You know it, Derek."  I refused to take my eyes off Derek as he watched me carefully.

"Please, Derek.  Please don't do this.  Someone will die, and his blood will be on your hands."  Scott watched me very carefully.  I turned to face him.  "Please, you have to stop this.  It's the only way to ensure that the worst doesn't come."  I looked around, raising my voice.  "I won't let it happen!"  Issac came up behind me and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"What is it?  What happened?"  I buried my face in my hands and shook my head.

"I saw the fight, and..."  I shook my head as I looked around.  "Just don't do this, Derek.  Please!"  I pulled free from Issac's grip.  "I won't let you, Derek."  I unsheathed my claws.  "You start this, I end it."  Dad shook his head.

"You can't do this.  It'll..."  I kept my gaze on Derek.

"I won't kill anyone.  I'll simply make sure no one's killed either."  Aiden and Ethan's wolf came towards me.

"You'll never manage it!"  I roared and turned towards him.  Derek roared and charged at me, causing Ennis to tackle him.  I turned in time to see them go over the edge of the stairs.  I screamed and charged, catching Derek's hand.  Ennis clung to his other arm.  I held on as tight as possible, trying not to lose either of them.  Derek looked up at me.

"I'm sorry, Kayla."  I could feel him slipping.  I tightened my grip until I could feel his bones crushing.  I shifted my grip to his arm.  I shook my head, trying not to lose my footing or my grip.

"No...  I won't let you go!"  He looked down at Ennis, who looked up at me.

"I know."  He shook his hand free from Ennis.  I screamed as I lost my grip on Derek and watched them both fall.  Tears streamed down my face as Issac pulled me away from the ledge.  Kali raced over and screamed when she saw the scene below.  I pulled away and fell to my knees, burying my face in my hands.

This was all my fault.  I tried to stop this from happening, but...  I cried, feeling the loss.  Ennis had been the one who had practically raised me.  Now, because he was protecting me, he was gone, and so was Derek.  I refused to move, even when Dad came over.  Around me, everyone walked off, heading home.  I looked up, sensing a presence.

"Look at just how effective that was, Kayla."  I slowly rose and turned.  A woman stood there across the room, smiling mockingly at me.  I looked back to the bottom of the stairs, realizing nothing was there.  I turned back, unsheathing my claws.

"Did you attack me?"  She laughed.

"Why would I hurt you if you wear the Oracle stone?"  She came closer to me.  "I had to let them know that I was coming for them.  The arrow-head?"  I looked down at it.  "It represents the hunter.  And the key is my way of saying that I plan on using you to help me carry out my plan."  I shook my head.

"I won't let you."  I growled.  "You did this to me.  You want me to change..."  She chuckled.

"Yes, I want you to change.  However..."  She approached me.  "You won't change willingly, will you?"  I turned and walked off.

"Never!"  With that, I ran.

I sat in the very back of the bus.  Scott looked pretty bad, though.  I looked over at him.

"Are you okay?"  He shook his head.

"Ennis got me...  Before you came in?"  I hung my head.

"I'm sorry.  I...  I just wanted to...  I just wanted to stop it before anyone got hurt."  I glanced over at Ethan, who sat with Danny.  "There was a woman...  The one who gave me these..."  I fingered the necklaces that hung in place of the silver dove.  "She claimed that she attacked me, or...  She claims to have marked me as a warning."  Scott shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do now but make sure you don't kill anyone."  I sniffed and nodded.

"She wants me, Scott.  She wants me to change."  Scott frowned.

"Who is she?"  I shook my head.

"I don't know, but she wants me to change.  There's nothing I can do or anything.  Please...  I have to find a way out of Beacon Hills.  If I stay, she will attack me again and find a way to make me change.  If I leave...  I could make things worse for you guys."  Issac looked back at me, his eyes glowing.  "No..."  He got up and, unsheathing his claws, slashed Ethan's throat...  "No!"  Issac took my shoulders and shook me.

"Kayla!  Are you okay?"  I looked over and saw him sitting beside me.  I looked around and saw Ethan sitting a few seats up.  Scott and Stiles sat in front of us.  I shook my head as if I was shaking off a nightmare.

"Yeah...  I'm fine."  Issac shook his head.

"You closed your eyes, and...  You yelled..."  Coach came to the back of the bus.

"Carver!  There a problem?"  I shook my head.

"No, Coach.  I must've fallen asleep."  He rolled his eyes and walked off, yelling at someone else.  I frowned and thought back to my vision.  "I yelled...?"  Scott nodded.

"Yeah, you started saying something about the person who attacked you, and then you started yelling no."  He looked around and leaned forward.  "What did you see?"  I leaned over, watching Issac as I spoke.

"Just help me keep Issac away from Ethan, or someone will die."