Chapter 7

*Kayla's Pov-

I woke up to hearing a conversation from a distance.

"Look, honey...  I can handle this!  Alright?  If she's hurt, I better check before you even consider taking her to see Derek."  I groaned and sat up, looking around.  Issac was asleep in the corner, and it was dark outside.

"Shit..."  I started to get up but almost fell out of bed after feeling really dizzy.  A lady came to the door, followed by Scott.

"Don't move yet..."  She glanced over at Scott.  "See what I mean?  She can barely stand on her own two feet."  Scott looked over at me and thought for a second.

"Alright, but Issac's staying close just in case."  With that, the woman, I think his mom, nodded and looked over at Issac, who stirred in his sleep.

"Issac!"  He jerked awake and looked around.

"Wha...?"  His gaze landed on me.  "Hi."  I half smiled and waved.  The woman approached me and smiled.

"I'm Melissa Macaw, Scott's mom.  I'm just going to check up on you and make sure you're okay..."  I nodded and sat up, looking around.

"Where am I?"  She chuckled.

"My non-werewolf-proof house...  Having two teen wolf boys is definitely going to do a number on it."  I smiled a little as she checked my pulse and heart beat.  "Is there any part of you that is sore?"  I shook my head.

"Nothing that won't heal, but my head keeps pounding."  She nodded and walked off.

"Scott?  Bring me a glass of water and the ibuprofen, please."  She came back in.  "You'll be on your feet soon enough."  I nodded and glanced around nervously.  Deucalion said that Scott was our enemy, so why was I here?  Why did he care so much?  Did it have something to do with Derek?  "You okay?"  I nodded.

"Yeah, just... trying to process everything."  Issac sat forward.

"What's the last thing you remember?"  I shrugged.

"Just the pain, and...  I thought I saw you there, but it had to have been a hallucination."  He shook his head.

"No...  I was there."  I took a deep breath and restrained myself from panicking.

"What were you doing there?"  He shrugged.

"Just making sure the girl I've kinda fallen in love with was okay..."  I turned and saw Scott come in with a huge glass of water and a small pill bottle.  Melissa pulled out one tablet and handed it and the water to me.

"I've come to learn that pain killers tend to hurt a werewolf worse, so I'm just giving you one."  I smiled at her and took them.

"Thanks."  Taking the pill, I gulped the whole glass of water.  After a few minutes, I could see straight and felt fully healed.  I smiled as I sat up and stood.  "Thanks for your help..."  As I started towards the door, Scott smirked.

"Hey, remember what we said earlier at school today?"  Melissa left, carrying the empty cup.  I nodded and looked between both boys.  "You still want to see him and your dad?"  I narrowed my eyes.

"How do I know you won't be leading me into an ambush or a trap?"  Scott rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, handing it to me.

"Here...  If it turns out to be a trap, you can call for help.  Call Deucalion or whoever you wish, or you can kill us.  Up to you."  I shook my head.

"I'm... not allowed to kill, but, if it turns out to be a trap, I will beat everyone to a pulp and call the twins to finish the job.  Understood?"  Both nodded, making me think for a second.  Apparently, Scott was planning on taking me to Derek to begin with, but he didn't want to try without my trust.  I huffed and closed my eyes.  "Fine..."  He smiled.

"Let's go."

*Scott's Pov-

Stiles tapped nervously at the steering wheel as he drove to Derek's.  Issac sat beside Kayla, restraining himself, it seemed, from whatever was going through his head.  I figured that Derek and Peter should be the one to tell her about him, but something told me she knew something on the matter.  However, Kayla kept glancing at my phone.  I smiled and looked back at her.

"The pass code is 6190..."  She rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

"Whatever.  I just hope you're telling me the truth."  Stiles huffed and looked around a bit.

"I just kinda hope I don't have to worry about my car...  You guys have any idea how hard it was to explain what happened to my car battery almost a year ago?  I hate doing that."  I shook my head at him.

"Calm down, Stiles.  We're all pretty jumpy as is."  The thought of what Kayla could do now that she was fully mature scared me.  Issac looked over at her.

"So...  Why did you say the twins were your brothers?"  She shrugged.

"I've been a part of the pack long enough for them to be considered part of my family.  I'm sure you're aware of the connections built when you're in a pack.  You look out for each other.  Having been 8 at the time, I didn't seem to have any other choice but to join."  He nodded as I frowned.

"Did they ever tell you what they've done or been after all these years?"  She shook her head.

"No...  To them, I've always a child, being halfway raised by them."

*Ethan's Pov-

Ennis paced around the room as we discussed our plans for finding Kayla.  Kali played with her claws as Aiden tapped his foot.  Deucalion looked around.

"Ennis, you wait here in case she returns.  Aiden and Ethan...  You're with me.  Kali, you check the around town."  He turned to me.  "Any idea where we should start?"  I nodded.

"Derek's."