Chapter 3

*Kayla's Pov-

"Okay, sooooo not fair!  Why can't I just go alone?"  Deucalion paced around the room.  The twins had to go to school with me?  Aiden and Ethan both really only treated me like a sister anyways...

"It's for your own protection, Kayla.  We're not just here because of Derek.  There's been a bit of a threat...  I'd hate for you to get hurt."  I rolled my eyes.

"Then, why have I been training for the last 4 years if I'm not going to get the chance to defend myself?"  Deucalion stopped and looked at me.

"Because you will be the Oracle wolf when you are of age.  An Oracle wolf gives wisdom and doesn't fight."  He shuddered a little.  "They're too compassionate for that.  Instead, they see the future and tend to be the problem solvers.  I told you when we first found you that we would protect you."  I hung my head.  Being only 8 at the time, it seemed like a good deal rather than fending for myself and raising questions, but, now, it sucked, but I had to agree.

"Alright, fine.  But, I don't have to hang out with them, do I?"  Deucalion shook his head.

"Nope.  They're just there to make sure you aren't threatened."

"You ready?"  I pulled off my helmet and glared at Aiden, who smirked at me as I climbed off his motorcycle.

"Ready as I'll ever be.  No need to worry about me right now, though.  Give me a ride after school?"  He nodded as Ethan pulled off his helmet.  I turned and started towards the school, tucking my necklaces into my shirt.

"Hey."  I looked up and saw two girls looking down at me.  "You must be new here."  I smiled and nodded.  The one with the strawberry blonde hair was the one talking.  "I'm Lydia."  I waved as the second one spoke.

"Allison."  I waved and smiled.

"Kayla."  Nearby, Aiden and Ethan were watching me closely.  Lydia sat down beside me.

"So, who are they?"  I rolled my eyes, remembering the lies I'd formulated.

"My brothers.  We just moved here from Nashville."  She turned and looked over at Aiden.

"They're cute..."  I smirked.

"Ethan's gay, Aiden's stupid, and I think they're butt-ugly."  Allison laughed.

"What sister doesn't think that about her brothers?"  She sat on the other side of me while two boys walked in.  The darker haired one bowed his head and sat behind Allison as the lighter haired one sat behind me.  Both Aiden and Ethan tensed when they saw, but I shot them a glare.  Another one came in and sat behind the first boy.  He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi.  I'm Stiles."  I smiled back.

"Kayla."  The first darker haired boy looked over at me.

"Kayla...?"  I realized he was asking for my last name.  Suddenly, the teacher came in and the bell rang.

"Alright, everybody.  This is what we'll be going over this semester..."

"You sure attract a lot of attention."  I looked up from my lunch at Aiden and Ethan, who sat down across from me.  I shrugged.

"Nothing happened."  Aiden raised an eyebrow.

"Yet..."  I threw down what was left of my roll and looked him in the eye.

"You wanna talk?  I saw the way you were looking at Lydia!"  Ethan started to say something, but I cut him off.  "And I saw you checking out that one guy in the library."  Both blushed like crazy, making me smirk.  "I'm doing perfectly fine."  Lydia came to a stop beside our table.

"Kayla, would you like to come sit with me?"  I nodded and stood, ignoring Aiden's glare.

"Thanks, Lydia.  You're a lifesaver."  She lead me to a table where the three boys from Chemistry and Allison sat.  Allison smiled.

"Hey, Kayla.  You remember Scott, Issac, and Stiles, right?"  I smiled and nodded.  Issac leaned over the table towards me.

"Those two you were sitting with...  Who are they?"  I shrugged.

"Just my brothers."  Scott frowned a little.

"Kayla...  As is Kayla Hale?"  I froze a little.

"No...  Kayla Carver."  His gaze dropped a little.

"Oh..."  How'd he know my actual name?  Being 8, yeah, I'd asked to  keep my first name, but Deucalion always said that no one would guess who I was because I was supposed to be dead.  What did this guy know that I didn't?

"That's a very pretty necklace."  I looked over at Lydia, who was looking at me.  I looked down and realized that my dove, somewhat tangled with the Oracle stone's chain, was sticking out.

"Oh, just a gift from my dad."  I set to work, trying to straighten it out, but had to pull out the Oracle stone.  Scott's eyes narrowed when he saw it.  I quickly finished untangling the necklace and tucked both in my shirt.  Stiles bit his lower lip.

"So, hey Scott.  You hear from Derek?"  As in Kayla Hale?  You hear from Derek?  I gulped and felt as though someone was choking me.  Issac looked over at me.

"You okay?"  I nodded and stood up.

"Just a little clusterphobic..."  I picked up my tray and walked off, leaving everyone at the table staring after me.  I dumped my tray and headed to one of the outside tables.  My birthday was tomorrow.  I had to focus on that, not being discovered by a bunch of wolves who clearly knew my family.

"Kayla?"  I looked up and saw Ethan.  "You okay?"  I shrugged and pulled out the Oracle stone, rubbing it between my forefinger and thumb.

"Just got a little crowded..."  He gave me that all knowing look.

"Look, I know you got a lot on your plate, but Scott is the threat."  I nodded.

"I figured...  Just being nice to Lydia and Allison, who're clearly human."  He nodded and looked over at Aiden as he joined us.

"She's met Scott."  Aiden sighed and looked down at me.

"Sorry, but you'll have to hang out with us from now on.  Deucalion would have our hide if you got hurt or something."  I shook my head.

"Not just him..."