Chapter 23

"Where the hell have you been?"  She caught my arm and threw me to the ground, away from the elevator.  Knowing that, if I pissed her off any further, she may try to kill me like what she did to anyone who pissed her off, I hung my head.

"I had to do something.  The person who attacked me, Jennifer, was coming for me.  She would have killed you guys if she saw you as a threat."  She froze and thought for a second, seeming to calm down.

"I see...  Don't worry, we'll kill her before she hurts you or any of us."  I thought back to Jennifer's fate and what I had seen.  I could tell Kali, but she wouldn't listen to me.  "Where is she?"  I shook my head.

"I don't know..."  She roared and picked me up.

"Yes, you do!  Enough lies!"  I looked her in the eye.

"You won't get to her.  She's forced Derek, Scott, and their pack into helping her.  They poisoned my cousin, Kora, and made me come along."  Kali dropped me at once and looked around.

"Where the hell is Deucalion when you need him...?"  I heard a soft tapping noise come from down the hall.  "You better hope he is in a good mood..."  Aiden and Ethan came towards us, flanking Deucalion, who smiled down at me.

"There you are.  We were hoping you'd be here."  Ethan growled as he helped me to my feet.  Deucalion frowned at Kali.  "I thought we agreed not to hurt her, Kali...  After all, she is part of our pack.  She was trying to protect and warn us of this Jennifer."  He looked over at me.  "And where is she, anyways?"  I shrugged.

"I actually don't know.  When she lead us here, she said that she and Derek were going to see Kora, but they weren't there."  He nodded and looked around.

"Take her downstairs and make sure she doesn't run off."  Turning to Kali, he smiled.  "Let's go."  I felt Ethan and Aiden's breath on my neck as they directed me to the elevator.  As soon as the door shut, Aiden shook his head.

"You really pissed them off, Kayla.  Deucalion about tore the building apart.  And Kali...?"  He shuddered.  "Man, she nearly killed all of us.  She couldn't stand losing Ennis and you both!"  I didn't saw anything but thought about what I was going to do.  Ethan looked over at me.

"We thought you were dead, too, after we heard your howl at school.  What happened?"  I didn't respond.  Instead, I waited patiently for my chance.  I shifted my weight and leaned back against the wall.  Suddenly, the elevator stopped and opened the door.  We were only on the third floor...

"Sorry, guys."  I smirked as I caught Ethan before he could come after me and sent him flying into the wall.  Aiden growled at me as the door shut.  I turned and looked around.  "I'm not letting this happen..."  I took off down the hall.

*Derek's Pov-

"Come on...  It's safe."  Jennifer followed me down the hall.

"Where's that cousin of your's and what's taking her so long?"  I shrugged, hoping Kayla was okay.  The thought of her being out there, facing the Alphas, made me cringe.

"I'm sure she's okay.  Give her 10 more minutes."  I heard the elevator ding followed by the sound of the door opening.  "I bet that's her now..."  The twins came around the corner and looked right at us.  "Maybe not..."  They roared and charged at us.  "Go!  Run!"  She took of to the other end of the hallway, right towards the other elevator.  I turned and threw things around, trying to slow the twins down.  Finally, Jennifer and I reached the elevator and got the door to shut before the twins reached us.

"Nice to know she can hold them off..."  I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Something must have happened to her?"  Was she hurt or being held prisoner?  Jennifer scoffed.

"Tough guy going soft for his cousin like that?  No wonder she seems to be such an asset to Deucalion..."  I shook my head, trying to ignore her.  "Maybe she decided she liked her current pack a lot better than her own family.  With her dad being a killer, and her own cousin being heartless after falling in love once..."  I turned to look at her, frowning.  "Oh yeah, I know what your eye color is and what it means."  I shook my head again, trying not to let her bother me.

"Kayla knows what you've done...  And, she knows what will happen to you, too."  I smirked when she narrowed her eyes at me.  "I saw the look on her face when you talked about destroying the Alphas, and, from what I can tell, things won't end well for you."  She made a face, mocking me.

"Just wait until this is over...  We'll see just what happens."  With that, she took a swing at my head.

*Kayla's Pov-

I raced to the basement and found the ambulance.  Inside was Kora and Stiles.  Stiles heaved a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's just you."  I smirked and looked around, hearing a growl.  Issac appeared from the side of the vehicle.  When he saw it was me, he shifted.

"Kayla!"  He pulled me into a hug.  "What happened?"  I shook my head.

"It doesn't matter.  We have to get you guys out of here.  Deucalion...  Kali...  The twins...  They're pissed and ready to kill anyone."  We both froze when we heard a thump.  "What was that?"  I started towards it.

"Kayla!"  The sound of drums blocked him out.  I tried to stop, but it was as though I had lost control of myself.  Before long, I saw the figure: Jennifer.  "Kayla!"  The last thing I remember is Jennifer flying at me as Issac called out to me.