Chapter 20

"Alright, class.  We'll have a quiz tomorrow, but be sure to come to the concert tonight.  It''ll be a wonderful memorial for the students and staff we have lost recently."  I looked up, feeling like I've heard that voice before.  I looked up and saw the replacement English teacher and frowned.  She looked so vaguely familiar...  The bell rang, breaking the thought.  "See you all tonight."  Issac walked over to me as I walked into the hallway.

"You okay, Kayla?"  I looked around.

"I don't know...  I know her voice, but I just..."  He smiled a little.

"She's your teacher, Kayla."  I shook my head.

"No...  I just got switched to that class today.  I've either seen her before, or..."  I looked back at the classroom and saw her smiling down the hall at me.  "My Goddess..."  I pulled out my phone.  "I have to tell Derek..."

"Kayla!"  I looked up and saw Coach.  He looked down at my phone.  "What part of no phones in school do you not get?"  Snagging my phone, he shook his head.  "You can come get your phone after school.  Until then, detention after school.  You can help me set up for the concert."  With that, he was gone.  I looked back and saw the teacher was gone.

"I'm screwed..."

*Scott's Pov-

"Kayla knows something.  She tried to call Derek to warn him, but Coach took her phone and gave her detention."  I shook my head.

"What is it she figured out?"  Issac shrugged.

"She started saying something about recognizing some teacher who's class she'd just gotten moved into."  I thought for a moment.

"We'll have to get to Derek."  Issac frowned.

"What about Kayla?"  I nodded.

"Right...  Get yourself into detention."

*Kayla's Pov-

"Now, get those decorations up there!"  I nodded and hurried off to do as Coach said, knowing that detention was almost over.  I turned to see my new English teacher.

"Hello, Kayla.  I noticed that you are a bit behind the rest of my students in my class.  After you're done here, would you come with me, and we can discuss the materials you'll need in order to make it through my class."  I looked over at Issac, who was being yelled at by Coach.

"I'm done now, actually."  She smiled.

"Great."  I followed her down the hall and into her classroom.  She shut the door behind me.  "Now, let's get down to business...  You have power, Kayla Hale.  More power than even you know."  I turned and frowned.

"It was you..."  She laughed and nodded.

"Took you long enough.  Who else knows who I am?"  I shook my head.

"What in the hell do you want from me?"  She smirked.

"I want you to join me and help me destroy the Alpha pack."  I shook my head.

"First of all, I can't kill or something terrible will happen.  Second, that's my family."  She shook her head at me.

"I should have known you would say that..."  With that, she knocked me out.

*Derek's Pov-

"What do you mean she's gone?!?"  Issac cringed.

"I was standing right where I could see her, but Coach started yelling at me about something, taking my attention away for the briefest moment.  I looked back, and she was gone!"  I slammed my fist into the table.

"Find Lydia and keep a good... eye on her.  You lose her..."  I unsheathed my claws.  "Get the picture?"  He nodded and ran off.  Scott's jaw dropped.

"Wasn't that a little harsh?"  I shook my head.

"You didn't see her this morning or what she saw..."  He frowned.  "When you touch an Oracle wolf while she's having a vision, you can see what she sees.  I touched her before she woke up and broke out of her trance.  What she was seeing...  It wasn't pretty."  Scott frowned.

"She was trying to warn you of something when she got in trouble...  Something to do with her new English teacher..."  I thought for a second, my mind racing.

"We have to get to the school and find her!"  Peter nodded, agreeing with Chris.  "We have to find her before nightfall and stop her vision from happening."

*Kayla's Pov-

A humming sound woke me up.  I opened my eyes and looked around, trying to figure out where I was.  It was fairly dark, but something sparked nearby.  I narrowed my eyes and looked closely.  An electrical cord sat in a pool of water, which grew by the second, coming right at me.

"Shit..."  I took a step back, realizing I was tied to the pipes above my head.  I tugged to try to free myself, but the water was coming to quickly.  "Hello?  Anyone there?  Please, anyone!"  I clawed at the ropes and realized I was inside a circle of white ash.  "Okay...  Don't panic...  Don't panic."  I thought briefly.  If I tried to get Derek or Dad, one of us wouldn't make it out of this alive...  I closed my eyes and focused.  "Luna dea, exaudi vocem meam."  With that, I threw back my head and howled.

*Scott's Pov-

A howl shook the entire building, making everyone glance around nervously.  I looked over at Derek, who smiled.

"It's Kayla...  She's in the basement."  He ran off, Issac and I following him.  He stopped short when he opened the door.  "Water..."  He touched it and jerked.  "It's been electrified."  He looked around and howled.  A quiet voice called out.

"Derek...?"  I stopped Derek.

"Wait here."  I swung onto the rafters and in the direction of the voice.

*Kayla's Pov-

Scott was coming...  He'd know what to do.  I watched as he swung through and dropped to the dry ground.

"Kayla, are you okay?"  I nodded and checked the water line.

"She surrounded me with white ash."  He looked around.

"Can you pull yourself up and away from the water?"  I nodded and pulled myself onto a lower rafter.  He watched the waterline.  "If we wait a bit, the electrified water may destroy the circle."  I gulped and nodded.

"And if it doesn't?"  He didn't respond.  "You have to get to Derek and warn him.  I know who it is who's killing everyone.  It's Jennifer."  He frowned and looked over at me.

"Are you sure?  Our English teacher...?"  I nodded.

"If I don't make it out of here alive, then tell Derek and make sure Lydia is okay."  He nodded and waited as the water line reached the white ash.  There was an electric spark that shot up in a wide circle around me, clearing away the water and the white ash.